Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

How do you guys storage charge an esk8 with a BMS?

Doesn’t it work the same way as keeping your esk8 around 50% voltage or lower (3.4-3.6v)? I’ve done that with mine and had no issues. Just make sure you don’t have it too low, it might not turn back on.

Looking at you, boosted.

Edit: if you meant discharge to storage, there’s a link somewhere…

Then you’re wasting our time and your time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m going to assume Antarctica and every answer will be

"It’s not practical for you to build an esk8 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: "

2 Likes

4.2 (VESC-Tool 2.03) is when HFI debuted, if I recall. I know some of the 4.x versions had it for a brief moment

It did predate the 5.0 update

1 Like

:+1:

I’m sorry but it’s my honest opinion that the VESC Tool Android application is really good for two things, and only two things:

• looking at your battery voltage
  • initiating a TCP Bridge connection to a computer to use VESC Tool there

That second one is immensely useful.

3 Likes

Use one of these :slight_smile:

Here is a probably really stupid question : how hard is it to push a hub / DD board with a dead battery ? Compared to belt drive and to a normal push board

Harder than push board
Slightly easier than belt
Much better than belt on 8"

2 Likes

Hub and direct drive easy to push. As they are heavier it’s a bit more effort to get going but they have higher momentum also because of this so not too bad once going. Uphill sucks though haha. Oh and a fair bit more effort needed to foot brake too compared to a regular board.

I guess that’s the best option especially that I had it ordered on 23rd and so it should be with me next week.

1 Like

What do people use to fit superstar or similar hubs with a 28mm OD to 8mm axles? Some sort of conversion spacers? Or are there 8x28x8 bearings? :laughing:

Edit: no longer relevant I guess, turns out 3dservisas have a version of their hubs that takes standard 608 skate bearings :slight_smile:

Is it a good idea to use a similar PeliCase method?
Pelicase bottom thickness 4mm.
Trampa used M6 x 25mm Countersunk Bolt, 3.72mm.
I think it can tear it off

1 Like

Trampa has conversion spacers, and those bearings exist in 9mm width version.

These ones? I believe those are meant only for their hubs when assembling them. I need them to work with 3d servisas hubs :confused:

Hmm, but if 8 x 28 x 9 bearings exist, I could just use those and ignore the 1mm sticking out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

638 2rs
9mm width but keeps the 28 od 8 id

Has a table on the last image. Uk seller

2 Likes

I mean those spacers yes, they probably wont work with 3dservisas stuff no.

These are the bearings I found https://www.twenty4bearings.nl/638-2z-zen.html

1 Like

ZZ or 2Z bearings will roll more freely than 2RS bearings but not last as long.

RS bearings like Bones Reds (608-RS) only have the rubber seal on one side and, when used in pairs, with the unsealed sides together, can be the best of both worlds.

4 Likes

This one should do the job for example, https://www.boardbumpersshop.com/product-page/trampa-superstar-hub-bearing-adapter-set I think

Edit: there is also one from Trampa and the quality is somewhat better. However, I could not find that one quickly. Both do the job.

1 Like

Those thinner wires on the motor side are likely covered in epoxy, it’s an easy thing to overlook. Sand the whole exposed wire part with sandpaper before trying to solder it again, you should have an easier time. Oh and make sure to use flux.

1 Like

I just mounted a peli case with the same method to a mountain board just recently