Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

After doing motor detections, I’d try:

to get started, and adjust from there. You should get getting somewhere around 27.2mph (43.8km/h) top speed like that.

1 Like

Thanks. Also, Isn’t voltage cutoff start and end too small? It should have voltage 2,5V-4,2V

Is it 10S VTC5 cells?

36/10=3.6
32/10=3.2

1 Like

2.5v/cell is wanting a deathwish for your pack

7 Likes

VTC4

1 Like

If it’s 10S, those cutoffs should work fine.

Otherwise, stroll on over here:

2 Likes

Alright, so I run a FOCBOX unity on my build. I like the Focbox UI setup, but it seems limited in the modifications that can be made to board settings.

Is there something I’m missing? I’d prefer not to have to go back to VESC tool, because I prefer the Focbox UI phone app.

Mine is the same as this one, cutoff end at 37.8 for my 12s

Anyone know what this connector is called? Its from a OnewheelXR bms with 26 pins.

Look like it’s jst

Once more, thanks!

2 Likes

What kind of ppe do you guys use when cutting fiberglass? Is just using a generic medical mask and goggles fine?

1 Like

I used a KN95 mask I had because of a pandemic, but I honestly have no idea.

1 Like

3M 60926, all round good filters, get the mask type u like, be it half face or full face, quick release or those strap on ones.

they work great in 99% of situation, unless u have teargas then u need airtight goggles…

3 Likes

I think the more important part is the gloves. I use nitrile foam work gloves (not waterproof but VERY grippy on anything).

If you find yourself in a cloud of fibreglass it might pe a good idea to go for ffp3 mask as well, otherwise a well ventilated room or open air is the best

2 Likes

Cool cool, I’ll keep all this in mind

I took the approach of just protecting my face, and my hands were itchy as fuck for about 24 hours.

Not sure if it’s the correct approach, but it’s the one I’ve taken :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I managed to spread that invisible dust everywhere, including kitched chairs and upstairs in the bed, plus inside the grip tape.
Scratch dust for days…

2 Likes

The thing I’d be worried about the most – is the Significant Other if there is one of those around. Sounds like you’re sleeping in the doghouse.

2 Likes

Sounds like the obvious solution would have been for her to sleep in the dog house, at least while i hoovered everywhere. She can huff at me or be itchy, her call

2 Likes