Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

![WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 14.39.07 (1)|666x500](upload://glZ2nJRyJoXkqmbXBLGr4Rcxs29.jpeg) ![WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 14.39.07 (2)|666x500](upload://yRqVcGJbOOOjd2SN9AN7cwFY7Cr.jpeg) ![WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 14.39.07 (3)|666x500](upload://dIvG9UCRQHlj9VXh4ND5ygmclAG.jpeg) ![WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 14.39.07|666x500](upload://7BD5lyDnqtx8CiJ7EeBHwKhDSho.jpeg) 

This is the current situation

Well that didn’t worked out. Let’s try again

Wait until the images show up in the text box before you post :slight_smile:

Take the reciever out of the uart port before you try motor detection again, that can mess with detection.

1 Like

This is not a good fault to see.

I would do a hand test on the motor before attempting to drive it again.

1 Like

Yup. What I have done a bunch of times in the past is set up a thread for someone, then unlist it so it doesn’t show up anywhere public.

Then you can work on it in private, get it just right, then ask me to list it again. Can also do it with a post that already exists if you have put work into it.

4 Likes

A search on that fault code yields

https://www.vesc-project.com/node/1381

So I would inspect your ESC VERY VERY closely (like under magnification) and check for solder balls. It probably has a solder ball laying on it. Cut the heatshrink off and brush it with a clean, dry toothbrush if you can’t do that.

Here are some examples of what to look for

download (90)

download (88)

download (87)

2 Likes

Is it possible that i killed my motor by not putting back the phase wires the way they where?

Sadly taking the reciever out and trying again didn’t solve anything

1 Like

But then it wouldnt have worked in the first place right?

It’s extremely unlikely that reordering the phase wires would have any effect besides reversing the rotation direction.

It’s more likely that a physical movement of the ESC happened during that process which dislodged a solder ball and it landed on something bad.

2 Likes

I will get the transparent plastic wrap of the esc and make some really close up pictures

1 Like

Okey, pretty sure i fried my esc…To the left of the red sticker the ship

8 Likes

Yup. Sorry to see, man.

4 Likes

and there goes another 100bucks. Got any recommendations for a new vesc? 6.6 or 4.2 and if im planning on making a dual setup in the future can i also buy a dual en use it as a single until i decide to buy the second motor?

2 Likes

Yep, it’s dead. :sob: Add your country to your profile and we can help you more.

2 Likes

Just tried to do so, from the netherlands here

1 Like

Calling myself a poor student here, are there any people here with experience from ordering flipsky 6.6dual from banggood.com? the price there is so much difference…

Whatever you do don’t buy flipsky. Roll of the dice on quality.

With that out of the way, a cheap esc that served me well is from maker-x.
Alternatively, the vesc is vesc 6 from trampa

5 Likes