Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Just took out my board for its first ride and man it was amazing. However, I’m worried that this wire may start to touch the motor. I already have a p clip and use some double sided tape on the other end. I added some more tape when I got home, but I’m not sure if it will be enough

1 Like

@dnack228 Try putting a small ziptie between the tape and deck to hold on to the cables. It’s not the best solution I’d use but if you don’t want to put a clip there it’s probably your best shot

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. I’m worried that it might pull of the type though

1 Like

Hot glue it down.

Oh, I didn’t think of that. Thanks!

2 Likes
1 Like

yikes

2 Likes

I fucking LOVE hot glue. Black hot glue from Daiso is the bomb.

4 Likes

that’s why it was so difficult to uncouple…

noted…

I’ll procure the appropriate solvent before our next tryst…

2 Likes

Ah… crapple only :frowning:

1 Like

Normally 14 poles.

That’s for outrunners. Hubs are mostly 28 I think?

So I have this hole in my enclosure that my motor wires go into. I don’t care about waterproofing right now, so is it okay that there is an exposed area? I was thinking it would help with airflow but I’m not sure

This is likely what caused your motor cracks. You want to use 4 per motor to spread out the force.

1 Like

(◠‿◕)

3 Likes

Yup no problem with it really for electronics except for water damage to look out for. Personally think more important to conformal coat electronics if you want to waterproof things than to absolutely have an air/water tight seal. I printed two versions of my electronics enclosure one with air flow gaps for summer to keep the esc from thermal throttling and one more sealed one for riding in crappier weather.

Putting some kind of mesh or cover over the motor if it has openings or around the belt drive can help to avoid any rocks getting in there too if riding in gravel area or otherwise expect that might be a problem but pretty rare for me to get anything in there just cruising paved roads.

1 Like

Okay, I’m using a tb 6355 motor so those have any opening and my belt is completely out exposed. I live in california so there is a lot of dirt and pebbles and I already have everything covered in dirt lol, si hopefully it will be ok

If you are using the hall sensors, they are not waterproof!

Unless it’s a new TB6355 then they might be, those look like they’ve taken the effort to seal them up pretty well. A TB6355 from last year or any other year, and any other brand 6355, your sensors are not going to be waterproof.

3 Likes

I’m using sensorless as of right now since I forgot to get an adapter. I’m just worried about dirt and junk ruining the components or motor

1 Like

From what I’ve read the Ackmaniac tool is based off the (Vedder) VESC tool; what are the differences and how should I go about choosing which to use?

1 Like