Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I wouldn’t trust it. It’s a catastrophy waiting to happen. A chunk breaks off and goes inside and you’ll be going to short-circuit city

2 Likes

I know… but I really am lazy and use it to get all over campus… so my choice is to use it till it throws me off and teaches me a lesson! Haha .
Also, the motor has 8 mounting holes and before I was only using two… could I use all 8 holes. and make the cracks stop spreading??? My motor mount allows all 8 holes to be used at once.

1 Like

Crap, I wrote that wrong. I was using the 4 outer holes before, not two

1 Like

It might help but doubtful. Cracks expand with vibrations not just lack of support

1 Like

What size heat shrink would I use for a 8 cell wide pack made of 21700 batteries?

@Esk8god1

2 good formulas to calculate it in there

3 Likes

Just took out my board for its first ride and man it was amazing. However, I’m worried that this wire may start to touch the motor. I already have a p clip and use some double sided tape on the other end. I added some more tape when I got home, but I’m not sure if it will be enough

1 Like

@dnack228 Try putting a small ziptie between the tape and deck to hold on to the cables. It’s not the best solution I’d use but if you don’t want to put a clip there it’s probably your best shot

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. I’m worried that it might pull of the type though

1 Like

Hot glue it down.

Oh, I didn’t think of that. Thanks!

2 Likes
1 Like

yikes

2 Likes

I fucking LOVE hot glue. Black hot glue from Daiso is the bomb.

4 Likes

that’s why it was so difficult to uncouple…

noted…

I’ll procure the appropriate solvent before our next tryst…

2 Likes

Ah… crapple only :frowning:

1 Like

Normally 14 poles.

That’s for outrunners. Hubs are mostly 28 I think?

So I have this hole in my enclosure that my motor wires go into. I don’t care about waterproofing right now, so is it okay that there is an exposed area? I was thinking it would help with airflow but I’m not sure

This is likely what caused your motor cracks. You want to use 4 per motor to spread out the force.

1 Like