Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Maybe a misunderstanding due to my Lack of knowledge :sweat_smile: I mean gear drive :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Likely C6374 sold on eBay or Ali or by our man Dickyho.
Check out the thread on these budget bad boys in the grave yard.

Got it, thanks. We usually refer to this as “gear drive” around here.

5 Likes

hahaaha…hip flick does the trick without sensors hahahaha, thats great!
Im imagining how you are looking when starting from stand still with a hip flick.
:joy: :joy: :joy:
Does it look like you got ants in your pants? :joy: :joy: :joy:
JKJK

1 Like

If done well, it’s probably hardly noticeable to passers-by at all.

It’s more like you get your upper torso moving forward, but then just transfer all the momentum into your legs and the board, and in one fluid motion the board then takes over and you then pull your torso back forward with your feet. But all in like 150ms. You probably wouldn’t even notice unless you knew what to look for.

But I don’t know for sure, because I’m never on the sidewalk watching myself skate by.

@Dareno how would you describe a hip flick to get an unsensored electric skate rolling?

2 Likes

Yeah, I know exactly what you are describing and it will be the best way to get sensorless motors started from stand still.
I bet bet with some practice its perhaps not noticeable as you said.
Was just thinking about you moving your hips back and forth on a red traffic light hahahhaha

1 Like

Good Old hip flick :joy: miss my Old Board

2 Likes

It’s like standing on a towel and skooching it forward without lifting your feet.

3 Likes

What’s exactly the process for protecting your sensors? Just sealing up the ends of the cable or?

@b264 would say just ditch it :rofl:

2 Likes

I believe the issue is the packages themselves the little square of plastic that the actual circuitry is packaged in is not waterproof. They are generically “hall sensors” they have three wires that go to each for powering them and getting signal out it could be the case that just getting slightly ionized water onto the leads/sensor legs just changes things electrically such that the signal is no longer reliable but can’t say I’ve done extensive testing dunking them or anything.

I believe the way people water proof these is by either conformal coating or using epoxy for the same (stop water from having a path to the sensor). Generally silicone coated or rubber/plastic shielded wire is already fairly water resistant.

4 Likes

Ahh I see. I guess another reason to go an battle harden my motors then

Paint it with MG Chemicals #4228

Or better yet, don’t connect the sensors and they can’t make your ride break down.

2 Likes

https://www.daisojapan.com/p-32263-glue-stick-glow-in-the-dark-blue-24-pcs-12pks.aspx
damn you

Just remember that to modify settings for remote, you need to scan the canbus port and connect to the other side, then go to app config/vesc remote n stuff

2 Likes

Happy Saturyay (:man_facepalming:) fellas. Hope y’all are enjoying a much-needed cocktail right about now.

Ques: I’m wiring an in-line fuse for my chart port and I have a fuse rated for 32V. If I’m charging at 42V (10S) how real is the risk of an arc? Tia

1 Like

Risk is almost zero, use it

5 Likes

That’s @b264 territory

Edit: guess I summoned too late :rofl:

2 Likes

Much appreciated boyos. Enjoy yer evenings :tumbler_glass:

1 Like