Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Is acetone best method to dissolve/ remove red loctite? The grub screw is stripped already, can’t get any more worse than that. Worst case scenario, I will just drill through the damn thing and buy new parts if I have to.

You need a torch

1 Like

How many of you guys ‘battle harden’ your motors?

1 Like

yeah…these things are hard to buy after the protest and other shitz in HK. specially my age, they are gonna think i will wreak havoc somewhere. besides torch, anything else that might help?

1 Like

Bake it in the oven? You need it above 550 F, heat gun or soldering iron might do it

1 Like

I didn’t used to, but after being plagued by motor failures over the years, now I am battle hardening every motor and also never using the sensors. And sometimes pinning the shaft.

They are lasting a decent amount of time now.

3 Likes

i don’t think i can remove the motor mount on my exway, that thing is also red loctited, pretty much all screws except those that I need to remove to change belts. im starting to give up on my x1pr :roll_eyes:

Sometimes in this country they are called “lighters” and are available in cigarette/smoke shops but are indeed little miniature butane torches

1 Like

Hey I have a noob question of my own.

If the folks in UK call a flashlight a torch, then what do y’all call an actual torch?

Like, one of these?

@Anubis @BigBen

2 Likes

cool, I will have a look, never actually seen those powerful ones, its usually this type

blowtorch, that’s what I heard the most while I used to live in the UK

3 Likes

You call a burning stick a blowtorch?

3 Likes

yeah, coz u know, u gotta blow it to give it some oxygen, so blowtorch

1 Like

Torch (Burning stick) is flaming torch
Torch (gas) is blow torch

I somehow know more and understand less

5 Likes

Do the sensors cause more issues down the line? And do you run your motors in sensorless FOC (assuming you’re using foc)?

They are usually the first part of the motor to fail in my experience.

I prefer HFI which by extension means sensorless FOC. But if I didn’t have to use FOC to use HFI, I would prefer BLDC mode.

2 Likes

Like the others said Brian, a blowtorch.

6 Likes

Hi,

i want to design my own pulley for the orangatan kegel 80mm wheels (haven’t used CAD in a while and want to freshen up my skills) but I cant find any drawings regarding the diameters and distance of the holes from the center. Can anybody help me?

1 Like

Hello !

My new 9S power supply is supposed to be 37,8V but it gives me 38V :roll_eyes: Do you think it is a problem (I use a BMS) ?

Open it up and play with the voltage potentiometer if it has one.

the bms also cuts off the power if its set to 37.8.
I have a 10s 36v battery but one of my chargers charges to 42.25v instead 42v, the bms cuts it off at 42v / 41.8v

1 Like