Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

That’d probably work

I won’t go as far as to say it’s a good idea, but it’s a workable one. It’s not 100% ideal because the current draw of the meter will drain the ten cells it’s across, but not the other two.

Granted, the (likely less than 50mA) current it draws is very small compared to the capacity of the pack and your BMS should be able to keep up with it as long as you don’t leave the meter powered all the time, but it’s still not a perfect solution.

I got these in, finally.

It’s refreshing to see something that comes not with crappy wire attached that I need to desolder and replace with good wire — but it already has 22AWG silicone-insulated high-quality wire attached, that has a nice, skilled solder job. I’m so used to seeing crap in that department, it’s refreshing to actually be able to reuse the factory’s wire and solder connection.

Can confirm these fit the Lime and Bird scooter chargers, which are 10S trickle chargers. Putting this jack in a 10S skate alows it to charge from nearly any common scooter charger.

@kook

Though to use them, you need two countersunk M3x10 bolts and two M3 nylock nuts

4 Likes

Hello
Just brought some wheel pulleys from dickio, has anyone got a pic of how they sit on his trucks
Thanks

I got a build I’m planning. Where is the right place to ask questions? How do I create a post to ask a question?

1 Like

You found the perfect place to ask questions. You’ll need to spend a little time here reading before you are able to make your own thread.

In the mean time pop over here and introduce yourself dude :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Are crossbars and motor covers important to have on your build? I’d imagine the crossbars would protect your motors a bit, and keep them aligned. And the motor covers would keep rocks and crap out of your drive train.

1 Like

Crossbars help to keep your mounts from flexing for the most part. By motor covers do you mean belt covers? I would advise against them, they tend to get shit caught between them and the belts and generally do more harm than good.

4 Likes

will Surfrodz hangers fit in Calliber 2 baseplates?

Yep! like the ones that come on all the belt driven completes. I’ll stay away from belt covers then. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m using the ownboard metal enclosures for my build

So I’m making a loop key with 12awg wire. Going to be removing the insulation to make it more low profile. Will I be able to connect a paracord or something similar to the wire without any coating. I think I’ll also flood the the area with hot glue. Similar to this

im also using 2 of those ownboard battery enclosures for my 10s"4p" battery setup

is there a reason why no-one recommends the boundmotor V6 based ESC when it can take 60A continous, but the Maker-X MINI FOC PLUS (vesc6 based) takes 50A (i.e. less) but people seem to trust it/talk about it more?

1 Like

@Geo_Engineering_FTW
I’d imagine the fact they’re not even on here doesn’t help em much.
Also this:

2 Likes

ah right. both of those things suck and their remote doesn’t look too good. nevertheless that extra 10A is a seductivce proposition at that price-point

Does anyone have a WowGo 3X they are willing to look inside of? I need the interior of the enclosure dimensions

Wowgo3X is a 12s2p board, most likely it will fit ur need, but I’m not sure about the BMS

Yeah that’s the part thats throwing me for a loop, I need an additional 10mm of height at least for it, so a total of 55mm depth

I mean maybe I can put the BMS in the ESC enclosure and stack it with the Unity (30mm total) and then route all the charge wires and balance leads through the deck with the main power leads?

would this be correct? Specifically the negative and positive

2 Likes