Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

right i mixed up motor and esc in your screen shot. why is one saying F and the other C? I bet they’re both in F and motor is mislabled. so your motor hitting 82c…

that’s the beginning of thermal throttling with default settings… and in the range of throwing faults if you have the dreaded temperature sensor noise issues. however if you have unity firmware it has a motor temp throttling flag that disables it and is usually disabled.

Tried changing between Celsius and Fahrenheit and this is what happened. Weird!

so negative numbers usually mean no temp sensor. :). but jumping from a large positive to another random negative means software weirdness.

“have you tried turning it off and on again?”

ESC temperature seems really reliable. I turned it off and on again and it claims to be about 83 Fahrenheit which would be right.
The motor temperatures though are crazy high.

But even when I ride the board, it’ll go up to 15 miles an hour (should go much faster) for the first 100yards then suddenly won’t go over 1.5mph

Where do you get 28mm OD by 8mm ID bearings? Or should I just get inserts?

1 Like

What do I need and what do I need to know to replace the thermal pad on a focbox? please save me from hours of overanalyzing and searching the internet. thanks.

I wish to transplant one into an already mounted case that’s difficult to unbolt and remove in it’s current situation.

Can’t just get new ones? I’d imagine you want to clean the surfaces with something like acetone then transfer the pad with knife

I think the problem is it will never fit right, any gap will ruin it’s ability to transfer heat effectivly

I think i do want to get new ones. that seems to be the thing on the net. don’t reuse thermal pads. I don’t know what part to order. and what process to follow yet.

but also open to any other focbox mucking experience. as this is the first time i’ve ever popped one open. and the first time i’ve seen a thermal pad.

i don’t think this type of bearing exist, if it does, its not standard bearing that u can buy everywhere. the closest bearing would be 6001 bearing, but its 12 ID.

Haha you see that just won’t do, I gotta get a MBS Rockstar II hub to go on a standard axle :sweat_smile:

if there is a website that can do filters on all types of bearings that would be great :man_shrugging:t2:

it might exist but my search skill is too shit to find it

638-2RS 8x28x9

2 Likes

I imagine someone has successfully run them, ideally I’d get something like a Janux or 3dServisas hub but I can’t do those prices

teach me master, how do u find these based on just OD and ID. just google?

Think these are any good? I don’t run super high speeds and I don’t abuse my boards much so probably the occasional dab of bike chain lube in them maybe?
https://www.amazon.com/XiKe-Pre-Lubricated-Performance-Effective-Bearings/dp/B085MX5FX9/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=638-2RS+8x28x9&qid=1596431998&rnid=19346684011&sr=8-8

Google is the usual one. You can also browse SKF catalogue especially if you are looking for weird sizes.

4 Likes

Has anybody tested real life performance of MR60 connectors? Like, I see in the datasheet that it is rated 30A/500VAC(actually VDC) (per pin?). Yet the pins look small, most likely max 3.5mm. Wonder if it could handle 6396 motors being fed close to their max current (4kW)? 6396s come with 5.5mm bullets originally.

1 Like

They are the same pins as XT60 and I think the same as 3.5mm bullet connectors

Widely accepted as good for 60A continuous / 120A peak for a few seconds

Pretty sure that’s what the “60” in “XT60” and “MR60” means

2 Likes

So I would assume it “could” in theory drive all the needed amps for a 6396?

I would use it until/unless I noticed it getting hot, then I would change it to 5.5mm bullet and let all the folks on esk8 news know it was too much :yum:

Also, Amass, when are you gonna do MR90!!!

4 Likes