Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Hot enough to melt the solder. It’s not about the temperature, it’s about heat transfer. Bigger tip, more heat transfer.

Not necessarily. Temperature-controlled soldering stations (like the one you have) don’t use the full power all the time. They adjust the power to maintain the set temperature.

Like I said, it’s about heat transfer, not just temperature.
I would recommend getting an iron with integrated heater cartridges in the tips, because it greatly improves the thermal transfer capability. That would probably involve a whole new setup because the chances of a different brand iron with a different type of heater having a compatible temperature sensor are not great.

2 Likes

Because 5mm pins are available off the shelf. It’s a cost-cutting measure.

It’s also why I stopped using his pulleys.

2 Likes

I would not use glue on any part of the esk8.

epoxy is a different thing, and you know it’s good when you have to mix two things together before using it

Neutral-cure silicone could be considered a type of glue, as it’s a single-part mixture, but I use it as a sealant, not to stick things together.

1 Like

@b264 so i know you like jb weld a lot. Could I use the jb weld original formula gray epoxy for reinforcing the wires routed through my deck? What about the clear epoxy from the syringe?

maybe try West System 650 for that

this?

Yes, that’s what I would try. But I’m not a composites expert :man_shrugging:

I have used it and it’s nice

3 Likes

Okay, I think I’ll give that a try then, thanks

The hell is this about…FW 5.02 just times out, FW 3.60 is being needy

These kinky ESCs with their skin tight black wraps play hard to get…

1 Like

I feel for you man

sensor detection failed…

try to detect them unsensored FOC or BLDC

No sensor attached, I’m just doing FOC detection. It used to auto detect sensors

Sounds about right

I could see by your pik nada tostada sensors, but also I can read the failure

maybe try ACK…

2 Likes

Last time I loaded ACK I spent 2 days fighting to reupdate it…here goes nothing…

B4 you do that…
did you use the wizard?

go do it the manual way… clicky the BLDC tab and do detect from there

I never ran BLDC before…is the ACK BLDC motor detection guide any good?

It says it’ll spin up and it sits there silent like a fucking brick…how does this work

“Bad detection recieved”

I’d personally try it from FW5.02 first if you have that loaded… if it fails… try unsensored FOC… if that fails… your choice reload FW or use Ack… THE LAST VERSION OF ACK is the fall back version… I myself have never had to reverse that far back… but I know of a fukton of peeps running all sorts of motors VESCs reliably on ACK…

I don’t know if it will take a month of sundays to go backwards to ACK like it does coming forward…

vaya con dios

1 Like

if my memory serves me correctly the @mmaner tutorial uses the wizard…

2 Likes

Uhh…silent as a brick yet it passed detection…?

1 Like