Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

There are adjustable baseplates for channel trucks that you could buy to make work with that deck. You can also just use a wider skate truck with some 6" pneumatic wheels and hubs.

1 Like

Do you know what I would need to search up to find those baseplates? If I use a wider truck and air tires, would it absorb the same amount of vibration as channel trucks with air tires?

Thanks for the help :smiley:

Etoxx adjustable baseplates.

Absorption wise, I don’t feel a ton of difference in the truck styles on the same wheels.

It’s more of a riding style change. Channel trucks ride more like a snowboard and you end up using your whole body while riding.

If you’ve never tried channel trucks, I’d give them a go. I love the way they ride compared to rkps.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks for the help, Ill give them a try if I can get it to work :smiley: My main concern was if Id be trading in ride comfort, the roads in my area aren’t the best. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

But torque…

except perhaps right at the motor I don’t think the phase wires could have touched anywhere.
but I’m going to go ahead and open the motor up next to see if I can see a cause.

How weird is this? I’ve got a 12 S8P battery, running 6374 motors, on focbox unity.
Used the wizards in VESC Tool to set up motor and remote.
Rode OK at first but wouldn’t go over 15 miles an hour. Then after a mile and a half it wouldn’t ride at all unless I walked next to it. Even then it would be pretty slow

1 Like

What’s the best epoxy for reinforcing the wires routed through my deck to the original strength it was and possibly for reinforcing threaded inserts? I’m looking for something that is easy and not expensive

Are you riding on the surface of the sun? Your temp readings are insane.

3 Likes

Motors didn’t even feel warm to the touch :rage:

1 Like

What are your battery cutoff settings?

Dude at 80 degrees the electronics of the ESC are taking permanent damage

1 Like

looks like error on temp reading, unless its actually 80+C then u should not be riding it

I’m almost certain the readings are off. Doesn’t even feel warm to the touch

1 Like

1 Like

That’s the ESC temp, not the motor temp. My AT board has motors colder than the tires and the ESC has to throttle because the FETs are cooking

4 Likes

You want one tab to the right

2 Likes

And I wouldn’t do that much regen.

1 Like

Gotcha. ESC temp is in Fahrenheit. 80°F isn’t bad

1 Like

1 Like