Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I discovered my esc’s were wired in parallel not series from the battery. Power is on now.

1 Like

Hi! I try to make work my bluetooth module ( https://a.aliexpress.com/_dW9LRtt ) with my ESC ( https://makerx-tech.com/collections/x-esc/products/makerx-dual-drive-v4 ).

1. I connect it like here ( on BT module I have RXD and TXD instead RX and TX )
    9e80748422066be079b2cdfb97242abf01e19970
  2. In VESC tool I set “APP to use” to “PPM and UART” and baudrate to 9600
  3. In BLE scanner (Android) I can connect it to ESC monitor ( Ackmaniac ) too. But… no data… It isn’t sending ANY data.

Can anyone help me, please?

disclaimer: I have NO idea what an HC-05 BLE module is

what I’m curious about why the resistors on the TX?

and the simple answer is, some versions of HW and FW don’t play well with certain BLE modules

2 Likes

I think I bought it, because somebody told me that it can work with my ESC… But now I don’t know who :sweat_smile:

1 Like

does anybody know bearing size for dickios wheel pulleys need one
thanks

1 Like

hit up @Scepterr Max had some NRF-51 BLE modules and @DerelictRobot has some NRF-52 modules

that will work if’n your HC-05 hardware reaches a dead end… @vedder even shows you how to make one easily at home…

2 Likes

No no, all good. Just like not everybody can fit the same shoes. Just wanted to give my input :slight_smile:

Isn’t that exact what people are supposed to do?

Accelerate = lean forward
Brake = lean backwards

on second thought: lean ≠ weight

Thats what i can do. When pushing the throttle my weight is in the front, but when cruising i’m especially back heavy instead of distributing it equally.

1 Like

Are these iPhone compatible?

1 Like

they’re bisexual as far as I know

EDIT:

just checked… yup connects with my old iPhoney!! and the superior Android platform!!

2 Likes

Thanks, I will wait (And search) for any same problem.

1 Like

For eMTB LiPo builders: what’s your go to battery enclosure?
I have 4 6s packs from TURNIGY in need of a good protection while I learn how to fall in the forest.
I imagine pelican 1200 but don’t want a case too big or too small. Measuring always screws me over as they don’t state their internal dimensions correctly due to rounded corners

1 Like

The one that comes with the pulley is a 628 bearing, 8x24x8 mm

The optional support bearing that is shared by the pulley and wheel is 8x22x10mm.
Closest available I could find is a 608 W103 bearing, 8x22x10.3 mm

I would say if you go for the Pelican 1200, go for the Pelican Storm iM2050. Its better quality imo and has latches with buttons. Also the listed dimensions are pretty accurate.

3 Likes

The ESCs are supposed to be in parallel, not series. One black wire on each ESC goes to battery negative, and one red wire on each ESC goes to battery positive.

2 Likes

Right. Perhaps I had my parralel/series verbs mixed up.

1 Like

No worries, it happens to the best of us.

2 Likes

How do you have it secured to the board? And is it entirely on the board or does some of it go over?

1 Like

It’s secured with 6x M5 bolts, and it hangs of a tiny bit on both sides.

3 Likes

@JoeyZ5 how do you stop the screws from punching your batteries?
I also see this isn’t the first case you’ve put on it :joy:

1 Like

There are actually threaded inserts epoxied into the bottom of the case. They stick out of the bottom of the case around 7mm and go into the holes I made in the deck.

This is a pretty horrible drawing but here’s how it works.

Black = Pelican Case
Yellow = Threaded insert
Blue = Trampa Deck
Red = M5 Bolt

There is a slight bump out in the bottom of the case as “feet” I guess

Yea the other holes are from @Agressivstreetlamp :joy:

4 Likes