Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Oh, I think I have one of those. Not sure if I have a file but I could find one. Would that work?

1 Like

Edit: Neobox v6

Something is up with my master vesc after it spat out an abs_ocercurrent fault.

It happened right after changing my battery from 10s to 12s and dropping my remote that was turned off.

I turned the board back on, tested the throttle and got the error. After checking some things i checked my connections and saw a bullet not 100% connected (was maybe 2mm away from being fully connected)

Pc via usb won’t connect and metr won’t either
Before it connected it blinked red 5 times slow and 5 times fast.
nothing burned or blown *visibly

Slave now is fucked too.

Metr worked, connecting to pc worked.

Motor detection via metr did not.
connected to pc all good.
Reflashed firmware - all good.
Restarted - all good.

connected to pc, started detection, motor just jittered until pc disconnected and then it: connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects and so on automatically. Now metr wont connect either

blinks red once every 5 seconds. DRV? No way to check faults.

No idea if this was present before ↓. Could be dirt when i applied the conformal coating? (looks a bit worse wince i tried to scrape it away)

Apart from that both vescs look normal. No interruptions in the conformal coating (checked with blacklight)

4 Likes

Serious Question let’s talk MTB builds is Matrix2 any good and where is a good place to buy oilslicks. Deck any recommendations?

1 Like

VERY NOOB QUESTION. im building my drive-train and i know there are parts missing but am not 100% sure about what they are, and what i should get.

I have Dickyho Mounts, Boardnamics 220mm trucks, Flipsky 6374 170kv motors, motor pully’s and Blue Cags

1. I know I need Belts…but which ones?
  2. I know i need Kegal Pullys…i guess press fit?

Is there anything else I need?

1: https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/ to calculate your belt lengths.
2: Dickyho makes kegel pulleys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They ride great but aren’t cnc’d so tolerances can be a bit off. Some people had wider gaps in their baseplates but mbs is notoriously good at solving customer service issues.

I love them but would be open to trying other precision channel trucks at some point. No need to pay more to fix a problem I don’t have at the moment.

Any deck tipped 30-35° will pair nicely. Do you like wider footbases or more narrow decks? Haero if you like wide foot pads, mbs dw2 if you like firm asymmetrical concave, trampa if you like flex.

I made a thread about options.

3 Likes

Thank you =D

1 Like

Askew axles are also a problem. Axle tolerance…
Also my slick finish is gone. What can I do? :joy: :wink:

whaaaaat there are 195mm 50 degree paris trucks. Would that be a better option for 15mm wide and eventually dual 6355?

Yeah, it’ll work.

Just go slow and be careful not to cut into the steel axle at all. You only want to remove the aluminum around the outside, but none of the steel.

Gone as in removed or out of stock?

Oh ok, I’ll do that then

1 Like

Did it work before the remote drop?

It was.

i even got it to work after i dropped the remote but just barely. After i came home most of what you read happened.

I was riding, stopped to swap battery, remote fell out of my jacked while i turned the board back on. (Remote was off i think) and boom, abs-overcurrent. After restarting it multiple times and switching to the other metr module on the slave i was able to ride home.

So there was also a battery swap event between working and not working?

What is your setup for that?

Correct.

Started riding with 10s4p until empty
Put 10s 4p in backpack and pulled 12s1p (lipo) out.

connected it like always (both have the same harness, on each of their box)

here it gets blurry.

either put loopkey in, and then dropped remote
or dropped remote while putting it in.

non blurry again. Opened metr to apply 12s mode, applied throttle to test = abs_overcurrent.

Power cycled the board and metr app multiple times.
When connecting to metr pro on slave it was able to connect, on the master it wasn’t.
On the slave i got no abs fault if i didn’t touch anything programming related. That way i was able to slowly ride the 8km home. Once home i tested everything again and it got worse and worse to the point where neither worked.

while limping home i had full control. Accelerate, brake, see telemetry, both motors reacted to the input as if nothing happened.

1 Like

I got an abs over current on a esc that had a bad phase wire connection.

↑ apparently this would have happened at the very end of the ride. The previous 10km or so were full on through a forest. After leaving the forest on flat ground and changing the battery it came apparent

Sounds almost like a hardware dead problem caused by a voltage spike

But IDK, hard to say from afar. Maybe @seaborder can take a look-see

2 Likes

What am I look at to get it to us and how long??
Also would you have what is needed to put cloud or cloud type wheels on.
Sorry I’m new to all this, and from what I’m learning clouds are for the noobi that can’t carve. Witch by the way I am getting better at! Lol
However, I do love the feel or the clouds going over ruff stuff. I’m currently riding an exway flex w/the 105 clouds and absolutely loving it . I’m looking to ride with my 14 yr old daughter so I’ll either be giving her my flex and getting something better or going the cheep way and getting her something I’m probably going to regret. That and I’d love some more acceleration and range compared to my flex…
open to all suggestions
Thanx
Marc

1 Like