Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

u might cook it the moment u plug 12s into the esc, only the latest 2 version of hobbywing (don’t ask me which version#, they kept it to themselves) can handle 12s (except exway version)

sidenote, only the latest version of hobbywing esc, have “standby” mode (like all the exway board)

Their 6354 motors are dumpster fires quality-wise.

Just been told by them in a paypal dispute answer that my 2months+7days warranty expired on them (been trying to reason kindly with them since day 2 of receiving and riding them).
Avoid as much as possible unless you know you get true warranty from a reseller (you’ll likely need it…)

1 Like

Are there any know downsides to running them directly from the main battery? I mean for integration purposes it would be great not to have a second power source, but I guess it would add another point of possible failure?

Need to buy heatshrink for a LiPo pack. Pack is originally 2" x 1" x 12" and might become 2" x 2" x 6".
I’m no good with calculating round heatshrink for square things. Anyone know what size heatshrink I should look for in both instances?

1 Like

I run them from the main battery

1 Like

here’s a naive way:

circumference of thing * shrink ratio / 2 * 90% == layflat

assuming 1.2 shrink ratio:
82m for your 1x2
110m for your 2x2

YMMV. this is what I’m doing but I haven’t proven myself right yet.

1 Like

@fessyfoo not quite sure what the ratio is. I believe it’s 2 for 1

2/1 ratio then. so 2.

I picked 1.2 in the example because it’s the smallest i’ve seen out there. and it still works even if the stuff shrinks more.

and it comes out basically the same as @ZachTetra said. and probably he said it better.

I have a feeling by looking at the sku/model in my screenshot that you might be right

I went ahead and made a whole thread for that

3 Likes

don’t worry, the esc won’t be used. Still my vesc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its a MBoard battery

Seems mainly to be a voltage limitation. I just hooked it up to my 12s battery and got it to 44km/h without further changes

2 Likes

ahh so their customer service sucks basically

1 Like

I can use a series connector for my loopkey to plug in to complete the circuit right? I mean the wiring is the same, and I already have series connectors. Just need to make sure

Technically yes. But that’s adding extra connections and thus adding possible failure points

1 Like

Thanks! I just need to get this out my head, may or may not happen

1 Like

Come to think of it…that’s what i did :joy:

1 Like

Yup, that’s normal. For a given motor KV and a given voltage, you get X speed.
Increase the voltage, more speed.
Increase the KV, more speed.
Make the wheel bigger, more speed.

How does this look?

2 Likes