Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

The scrolldown choices are not included in that price :joy:

2 Likes

This is just so wrong :joy:

Yeah, don’t do that XD

Happens to the best of us though.

2 Likes

I’ll plug back in my precious induction meter when the smell quits permeating the room…

…please work… please work… please work…

EDIT:

It’s alive… w :doughnut: :doughnut:h :doughnut: :doughnut:

1 Like

Eeh, i know it has been asked before, i personally saw another similar thread, but oh well.

I’ve been lurking around and watching commercial boards as well and i am thinking that a DIY might be a better choice for what I am looking.

I like the Exway Flex a lot, but the battery is only 2p and… that isn’t really satisfactory.

I moved my eyes onto the Verreal RS, but its quality is really sub-par and it has a lot of disconnection issues and the customer support… is non existent.

So would it be possible to build a decent diy board for 900$ given the below circumstances? :

I would like a 10/12s3p battery ( i was looking at some molicel 21700 batteries for about $180, batteries only, so i am thinking 300 to get a built one?)

Some generic deck and enclosure, don’t really have the budget for anything else. - 150$

Some used vesc based ESC for dual motors, as well as motors - 250$

Dickyho pulleys and motor mounts - 60-100$

Some trucks which i have absolutely no idea which they would be… - 50$

Theoretically, the price adds up, kind of, but would i even be able to find these parts for these prices in Europe?

1 Like

Read this

@BuildKitBoards Build Spud packages might be less than that, and pretty great value…?

4 Likes

Yeah, i might not have read through the entire post, but i have gone through it and i am aware that DIY might not be great… but with second hand options and not looking for top top performance, it should be doable to make a slightly better board than the prebuilt ones, i am thinking :?

The issue is that i am looking for a tad bit bigger battery and there arent really that many good options for around 800$ from the prebuilts :confused:

DIY is great.

Just depends on who you are and your aptitude, commitment and enthusiasm.

If they were available when I started just over a year and a half ago, a Kit like those would have saved me heaps of cash and time.
(But I did have extra learning opportunities from making the mistakes myself!)

2 Likes

DIY can be better. But not likely cheaper.
Especially if it is your first build.

4 Likes

definitely NOT cheaper

5 Likes

Not cheaper

5 Likes

Haha “most likely” :joy:
That’s code for no fucken way
It is better tho. Make your own shit. New skills

2 Likes

yeah after all of our n00b mistakes…

after we’ve paid the price to Skaten in reading studying, and building
we can make some incredible zoom-zoom esk8s… and make some fun rat-boards out of our mistakes…

4 Likes

no way its cheaper

5 Likes

:joy:
longest quote trail ever?
Don’t scare him off…

Unanimously agreed that it’s not cheaper

2 Likes

I love this quote trail.

4 Likes

should be moved to “is DIY for you thread!”

2 Likes

Hey Pot didn’t you just get a evolve Stoke…

1 Like

It was full with 50.7V.
After ~14 miles this result. As the %-display is obviously not working (still at 100%), how do I calculate how much battery I have left?
Setup is 12s10p 35E

Fuck no.

2 Likes