Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

So rather sacrifice some capacity for a more fitting Amp output thus increasing overall life

I know this stings, but you’re doing the right thing. Sorry, man.

1 Like

The irony here.

1 Like

I’m running 5.1 FW on my fuel Trampa Vesc 6 mk3’s
With Trampa 160kv motors . I’ve had a couple experiences where when I’ve been riding at about 20 plus mph and under load I’ve felt a sudden dip in the power for 1-2 secs causing me to wobble a bit (heart in the mouth feeling) not nice . It’s not a wand signal issue and I’ve not suffered signal drop ever ,so I was wondering if it might be something to do with the temp sensor issue you guys are referring to. If so will the 5.02 FW sort it or can I do something already to help fix it ?

If you have a wand you have a nrf module. Log your rides and check from where this drop outs are coming. If it’s connected with the temp readings you will see that in the log files.

1 Like

This is not a troubleshooting thread so maybe start your own thread or ask in the noob questions thread.

The first thing to do is figure out if you got a fault code when this happened. Any fault for any reason can cause a single side cutout, and feel like what you said. If not a fault then telemetry on the motor temp or just disabling motor temperature sensor by depinning it, or unpluging hall and temp sesnsors and going sensorless will help debug if that’s your issue.

This thread may be helpful it touches on all the temperature sensor issues FAULT_CODE_OVER_TEMP_MOTOR (feat crash at 47kph)

EDIT: was not in a trouble shooting thread. got moved to noob questions.

Ok thanks

AFICT The nano and the nano-x are the same internally you can use either with the same receiver if that’s your goal.

I have a nano and a nano-x. (and nano with land-surf hammer head trigger mod ) i need to get rid of.
but not worth shipping to germany I think.

1 Like

Love you for that one… in a non strange way that is.

Nano-x can fuck right off.

5 Likes

FWIW VX1 is so much better feeling than the nano-x or nano.

Hoyt Puck and the mini are both considered far more reliable than vx1, or nano variants.

consider doing the receiver change out and upgrading. if you’re tight on funds the mini is affordable. (mini mods can make it thumb wheel if you prefer that. )

Ok I’m looking at purchasing a 10S3P 30Q brick from a member on the forum that has a max of 60A continuous discharge, is that a pack that’s suitable for a dual 6354 belt drive setup with a Dual 4.2 FSESC?

I’m still trying to learn everything about the max discharge amperage needed but with my mistakes from the last pack I want to get a second opinion before buying it.

Find out what cells they are and look at photos of other packs they’ve made. If it’s a respected member and those are 30Q cells, then yes that will work.

I’d set those ESCs to max of 20A - 25A per side, not the 99A default. Better to not run the battery at its max rate.

1 Like

With a dual VESC the battery current max in the vesc tool is per VESC and not for both correct? So I would set it to 25A and write that config to each VESC.

Also is 25A per vesc powerful enough so that I can hit my top speed? I’m not super concerned about extreme acceleration but I want decent acceleration as well, which is the battery current max what will determine the acceleration, top speed, or both?

Yes — unless Unity then ask someone else

Yes, definitely

Battery max mostly affects torque and not so much top speed. Like a 99%, 1% split.

Thank you for the response, I really appreciate all of the help and info this forum has given me in the few days since I found out about it.

3 Likes

I will never not love the little milkshake shimmy before it tries to knock your house off the foundation.

4 Likes

My thoughts after taking my first esk8 for its maiden safety voyage up and down the street:

“This is awesome but one motor feels like it’s kicking in sooner than the other. I’ll try and get a video if it when I get home.”

I like how it’s still in crashed position here.

6 Likes

Yeah the nano will bind the throttle against the case just like that . if you tighten it up too tight. it’s a delicate little bit of cheapness. is that what happened on that nano-x?

3 Likes

Just what I’m looking for in a product.

2 Likes