Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Are you using sensors?

1 Like

No, unsensored foc

If you’re not using sensors, you might really appreciate the HFI mode and that I think would be the only reason to upgrade. Not all setups work super great though, some work amazing, and it’s a hassle to set up.

But proper working and tuned HFI is really, really, really nice.

If you aren’t going to set up the HFI, then I would definitely not change firmware versions.

5 Likes

I’ll battle harden the motor in question. It’s worth a shot.

1 Like

Would it be possible to use a bluetooth module to program the vesc instead of downloading the software on my computer and doing it? I was looking at this module specifically, but wasn’t sure if I can do everything I need to do on this.

The HM-10 will only work with Ackmaniac software. You won’t be able to program the ESC, only get telemetry and real-time data.

For Vedder firmware you need a Trampa module or a metr module or one of these

And I would still use a PC to program it. Do you have to? No. Should you? Probably. Eliminate the number of places you can run into issues.

3 Likes

Okay, I will just go with this then, and maybe later purchase the HM-10. Is this the right cable?

The STLink is only needed if your vesc comes without a bootloader allready installed or if the bootloader is corrupt. Most vesc’s have the bootloader and firmware installed and ready to go, you can just plug in the usb and set everything up in the Vesc tool.

1 Like

Depending on which ESC it is, you probably just need a MicroUSB data cable or a USB-C data cable, like for charging phones. But they must be “data” or “sync” cables with all 4 wires inside and not just for charging.

2 Likes

anyone know what’s going on here?

You need to discontinue using that battery immediately, get it onto a concrete surface, and measure the P-packs with a multimeter.

If one is really at 6V it’s a huge fire hazard.

Even if the pack is fine and the BMS is broken, then you need to get the BMS off there asap before it bleeds that p-group down too far

2 Likes

step1: make safe

step2: find cause

1 Like

can i measure on jst connector?
Is out now

Yes.

1 Like

be really really careful

not to short those out.

yes, test there. carefully

1 Like

Don’t short those out. It’s really, really easy to do.

Concentrate

2 Likes

That kinda looks like a bad series connection to me

S8 .66
S9 .72
All others 3.53

1 Like

Got to find out what it is though before taking any action

:man_facepalming: that makes sense. Sorry for my stupidity. Can’t believe I almost bought that. Thanks