Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yep. That’s why I said it. Like I said,flipsky flashbacks. Thank god this unity worked like an esc should

1 Like

I bought a Samsung Tab A in order to use the VESC Tool and and other app on the go.

Don’t mind look he’s been around here far to long. Him and @ahrav have gone off the deep end. I thing it’s the Quar getting to everyone.

Don’t get me wrong though he’s got a point. This happens often. People have questions and misjudge the “gravity” of their own situation. From the perspective of veteran members such troubleshooting is just growing pains and has been covered Soo many times it’s annoying to explain when it’s so easily understood.
Personally I believe it’s generally still nice.to be patient and try and help everyone. But everyone’s different.

6 Likes

Doood… I put helpful pic… I eeeeven drew a red cicrcly thingyy…
Fakkk

:penguin::bread:

3 Likes

I can’t make out a word of what you say.

It’s my fault really. Should never have brought up the penguin of doom thing :clown_face:

3 Likes

Fer yah…
:cookie::beer: in dat order. 2.

2 Likes

Cookie beer? What? I literally have no idea hahahaha That does give me an idea though. Chocolate Stout with a cinnamon infusion… Hmmmmmm I bet I could make that

4 Likes

Very well said

3 Likes

That’s not gonna cut it I assume… Anyone have any tips to get this thing lined up? It’s a TB wheel pulley kit. I loosened the bolts and drove them in with super even pressure in a nice star formation and this is the best I could do

2 Likes

How would you test health of the battery? I just had one pack die on me due to bad P-group, but I bought another one now (whole build actually) that was used before and I want to check it’s health. I’m thinking of always hooking up individual P-group to ISDT Q6 charger and charge/discharge P-groups one by one. What would be better way to test the capacity, charging or discharging? Is internal resistance good indicator of health? How fast should I charge/discharge the P-groups?

Again, NOT hm-10! That is not compatible. It is so slow it was decided to drop compatibility from recent software versions!

I’ll look into that for the future, but I’m not wanting to spend an extra $180 on a tablet

1 Like

How can I update the firmware of my focbox? I have 23.39

Okay, so if I go with the nrf51 module, what does it do compared to the metr module. I’m going to use my computer to program, so I would only use the bluetooth module to get real time telemetry. Also what app does it use?

That’s not a FOCBOX firmware, that’s a Unity firmware

Edit your search terms to Unity instead.

But

if it’s not broken, don’t fix it

3 Likes

Hm-10 is not a nrf module, and a metr module is neither of the previous 2.
Hm-10 module used to work in earlier versions, but due to being slow it was dropped alltogether
Nrf modules are “modern” bluetooth modules with reliable speeds. You can find one on ebay for like £6 but you need to use the swd port on your vesc to physically program it first.
Alternatively you can buy a premade one. @Anubis stocks his store with some for £12.50 (if i remember right), just plug it and it works.
Nrf and hm-10 are general purpose bluetooth modules, and vesc app still accepts the first one.
Metr module only works with the metr app. I think metr app is available for iphone as well, but the £40 something price is a bit steep for me too

1 Like

Okay, yea thats why I wasn’t interested in the metr one because thats a little too expensive for me. I don’t know if I’m correct or not but I know that there is the xmatic app, I think that is what it is called, for ios. Would that be compatible with one of the nrf51 modules? @b264 mentioned @Scepterr, who flashes them and sells them. I think that might be a better option since I’m US based

1 Like

He flashed them once. I don’t think he plans to do it again

yeah the xmatic app works

1 Like

Oh ok