Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

If you put your country on your profile, we can be more helpful.

1 Like

will do, USA Los Angeles Hollywood, swimming pools, movie stars

Use unicorn spit! The results are fucking sexy and there are tons of options.

6 Likes

Whoa. She would love that. Definitely need to read on it some before showing her.

4 Likes

I lived in DC for thirty years, move to LA

The Torqueboards 6374 is very good.

The Maytech 6374 are good and available in lots of places. I personally would not get the “sealed” version. Sealed just means no air holes in the back of the can/rotor. They still aren’t sealed. But that sealed can in my experience does not adhere to the shaft really well and can slip.

Here you can see a comparison.

Not present on that list though is the torqueboards 6374 which is probably what I would buy in the US.

While I agree the SK3 6374 are hard to work on, they have one major advantage:

They have a skirt bearing, that supports the can at both ends. That means that the can can’t be loosened or knocked askew by hard vibrations or impacts.

Most other motors have the can is only supported at one end, and that means the can or shaft can be bent or damaged by harsh treatment, especially longer motors. 6355 and under are generally okay, but 6364 and longer have more issues.

2 Likes

Anyone know what the deal is with this pulley? Its 20T which I ordered custom from I forget where a while back, but I cant thread the set screw through all the way because there’s actually metal blocking it from doing so at the bottom of the hole. The pulley has the words “drive flex” written on it–is this some sort of technology that’s supposed to lock the pulley in place without driving a hold all the way through? If so it’s not working on my motor shaft

Sorry for the quality but you can see theres metal blocking the set screw from threading all the way through. That’s not the bottom of the screw

I figured it out there’s a tiny set screw stuck in there, just on one side. Stuck so hard I just stripped 2 hex keys trying to get it out :pleading_face:

What’s the wide wheel bearings serial? The ones that leave a little lip for the pulley to grab on

Is there a 6355 motor cover For TB218 and similar trucks?
I found this but it’s for 184mm

And maybe a motor pulley cover for TB Mounts with TB110?

Was having a look on Chinese hubs for a smallish board and notices that backfire states that their hubs are for 12s https://www.backfireboards.com/collections/electric-skateboard-accessories/products/450w-hub-motors-with-hub-wheels-and-front-truck-with-off-set-wheels
I don’t see how/why that would be? What am I missing?

I have 2 focbox 1.6, is it a bad idea for run them with canbus? Can I run both off one receiver without canbus?

as long as u turn on both focbox AT THE SAME TIME, then it should be fine.

yes, you will need a y-split servo connector

2 Likes

I am also interested… my daughter’s deck has been sanded I stupidly bought pink paint but mummy and child vetoed this. I am liking your idea of using a stain. I was also thinking of a gold wrap.

But this won’t go with the mother of pearl frit I ordered.

1 Like

Unicorn spit gel stain. It’s so easy to use and always comes out magically.

11 Likes

Yes… I can buy it here…4oz should be enough or should I get 8oz only thing I have ever purchased by the Oz was sticky weed and that was many many moons ago. Medical use only…

3 Likes

4 oz should be fine but I’d do 8 oz just to be safe and have some leftovers.

Of the unicorn spit of course…

4 Likes

tenor (13)

5 Likes

if i use 2 types of cells would it be better to use the same type of cell in a p group? yes right?