Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Please anyone join in. If you were going to buy two 6374 or 6384 motors relatively soon, which ones would you buy?

1 Like

TB6380 if 190Kv works for you

3 Likes

For a second I thought they were in stock and 170kv. I was mistaken😂 They are backordered and 190kv now.

Can you confirm this @torqueboards?

Can somebody who uses the Bn-180 GPS module tell me how it works? How does the tracking look like? I only find drone videos with no useful infos

@rene @rpasichnyk

While waiting for them to reply, I can say I think I recall that they are almost in stock. They don’t usually turn on backordering until it’s all but a done deal

1 Like

You are correct! What other recommendations do you guys have?

3 Likes

Hey guys! I have a board with a single vesc 4.12 and nano remote that I’ve been using for a while. Everything works great except for sketchy breaking. Once or twice per ride the break doesn’t work all of a sudden and it seems like I have to give it some gas before the breaks works again. Obviously dangerous and I can’t trust my board. Any tips on how to diagnose the fault?:slight_smile:

I’d suggest some kind of datalogging (bluetooth to a phone app springs to mind), and then inspect the logs to see if anything jumps out at you.

1 Like

Would that be something like a metro module then?

1 Like

Metr

Autocorrect;) thanks

What software is on the VESC?

When the brake does work, is it sketchy?

When the brake doesn’t work, does it try to work for a brief moment, then cutout? Or what exactly does it do when it “doesn’t work”?

Is your remote flaky?

Is the Daly red aliexpress still a good BMS option for a 12s? Not looking to spend a crazy amount. All the threads I have seen it on aren’t too recent so just wondering

yeah it’s a decent 12s bms, D140 bms is a good one too

Ive bought 15 sets of spacers from China

As a start, increase absolute maximum current to the max it allows you to. Usually 150A
Then fault stop time to something low like 50ms from the 500 default.
If that doesn’t work you need logging

1 Like

Hello! Any idea how to fix this? I updated firmware of both sides of ESC via CAN. I tried update the first and then the second too, but still same window.

If I skip it I can’t program remote…

Some other details -
ESC - maker x dual mini
VESC tool - 2.06 (I think the newest)
remote - VX1

What firmware does it show on the bottom corner?
Some maker-x have a problem with the bootloader, basically it’s from before it was fully compatible with all future versions of vesc, so it’s stuck with the version it shipped with. Update the bootloader first

1 Like

Quick one: what is the length difference between the short, normal dickyho motor mount and the extended one?

1 Like

Ok, any instructions how to do that, I know, there Is a “bootloader” window, but what I have to do in it?