Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I enjoy more the element of coding and building the unit rather than the data. That way I can customise it to my own thing. Plus I like to use the Blynk APP for recording data on my phone which will work with a Davega style system. I have mounted a 2" TFT screen to my custom printed ESC enclosure so itll look the nuts hopefully

5 Likes

Strong in this one is the DIY spirit

4 Likes

So I found this on Mercari, is this a good deal or should I keep looking?

Make sure to get a deck that has a custom-fit enclosure available

1 Like

Wouldn’t the meepo nls pro enclosures work fine with this deck?

1 Like

As long as you know they work before you buy the deck, all is good

Just to tie a bow on this one in case anyone else finds themselves in the same scenario.

Overcurrent faults under light throttle and immediate max brakes when engaging brakes. The log did not show over current instances but did show heat spikes and noise.

Upon disassemble I found a bad solder joint on the b phase wire esc side. I had just installed motors and must have stressed it enough to let go. The joint broke at where the pre-tinned connector met the pre-tinned wire. They both had flowed but not at the same time. I stress test all joints aggressively so surprised it took a few weeks to pop up.

Haven’t fully worked the system but took a rip around the neighborhood. I’m calling it good for now.

8 Likes

Lol I’m not sure. I’ll have to look at the clearance/height to see if they would work

Buying a complete isn’t the best move you’re unlikely to be able to use the trucks or wheels. Don’t buy a budget deck like moose or yocaher especially in drop through. Bustin and earthwing make solid budget decks. I stick with premium brands now. Rayne, Landyachtz. Enclosure options are better and unlikely to find any nasty surprises.i have a Arbour push Longboard they look a lot better than they ride.

1 Like

I have literally the exact same problem

1 Like

Anyone have any idea where I can get 290-5m-15 or 290-5m-12 belts? Vbeltguys is out of stock and anywhere else I try to find them no one seems to carry them!

I think imma stick with top mount boards, so that the meepo enclosures will work. Do you know of any besides Loaded Vanguard that aren’t drop through or have a drop?

*Maybe unpopular opinion but the Wowgo sells Vanguard clones. Better than the meepo ones (more flexy). I recently got the Wowgo 3 Deck and that thing so damn flexy. Although i must say that i got it for an absolutely unbeatable price.

(timestamp)

wow. that dude does a thorough review.

2 Likes

Ownboard GT belts

Always tug test. Learned this the hard way. Glad you sorted it out.

1 Like

Is there any reason to go with dual 6374 instead of dual 6355 when you only have a 10S3P battery so 36V*60A = 2160W peak?
Better temperatures?

Hi all smart people, I just changed the shunt resistors to 10mOhm on my vesc (I’m super nervous now that I destroyed everything so please keep your fingers crossed for me lol). Where in the firmware do I have to change this?

I updated the calculator linked in the top bar above to have this as a tooltip on the Efficiency field

If anyone feels the text there could be more accurate, PLEASE let me know

1 Like

6374 is a motor size that’s weird for me. I feel like it’s too big for dual drive (unless it’s some offroad vehicle) and too small for a single drive.

I prefer dual 6355 or single 6380 / 6384 or bigger

I haven’t tried 4WD but I’d imagine 4 x 5045 would be more than enough

2 Likes