Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Interesting. My 638 is green

1 Like

From a bit of websurfing I’ve found that the color scales seem to be completely different between theeadlocker, retaining compound and bonding agent. Also the same 3 colors are used for all of them but in a different order.

If I had to choose only one type to have in stock, it would be Loctite 290.

That one is not for holding pulleys or gears on shafts though. But I also think if you’re using adhesives for that purpose, then you should redesign it in the first place so that it uses a key, keyways, and a bolt or circlip.

1 Like

Your motor Kv is too high now, on direct drive, going from 107mm to 150mm wheels while significantly increasing the drag (polyurethane to pneumatic) means you also need to go from 60Kv to 40Kv or less. 35Kv would probably be even better.

3 Likes

Yeah the motors were only warm to the touch but the esc heat disapation plate was hotter. Looks like I have to go down the Vesc and remote road. Any suggestions for my set up? It’s a street cruiser for 10 mile commute pushing a 200lb rider. Just want reliability and connectivity over speed and torque.

1 Like

tbh not sure if i can trust information coming from cunninghams law guy over here :wink:

2 Likes

Hey man, really weird stuff, battery seems back to normal. I charged it for a bit w/o bms and its been chillng around 47v. I checked all p groups: normal. I just rode it up a hill while watching voltage and its normal. Im thinking heat of the trunk, even though i thought it was minor, might’ve overly discharged the battery somehow, it was a 4 hour drive. doesnt make much sense to me but im no expert. Anywho, going to re wire bms to the batt. After that would you reccommend keeping it on charger for several days to a week?

Honestly it sounds like it just needed to be charged, but IDK

What are the chances you accidentally didn’t charge it first or left it turned on while in the automobile?

I would think that too, but once it was dying on me, I took it home and charged it. And then it did the same thing just from me revving the engine in the house. Idk there could be an easy explanation like you are saying that Im missing bc Im kinda spacey but seems inexplanable other than being in a hot trunk. im not overly worried about it, about to build two new nese packs with li ion and just treat them like a laptop, no more trunks

Maybe a loose (high resistance) series connection? Could be lots of things.

It’s like you didn’t even try to search :sob:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Internet

2 Likes

Hello Mr Internet, can I get a 4 piece nugget?
I’m trying to watch my calorie intake.

And a Junior Western Bacon Chee

1 Like

Diet coke DIET! Gotta watch the calories ya know.

Don’t get it. So my caliber II trucks are lopsided one way, I took the bushings off and noticed the kingpin bolt is the same way. Are caliber II’s known for this issue?

actually found a good amount of corrosion in the wire of my batteries xt 90 charge port

1 Like

Hey, one of my new boardnamics motor makes an unusual sound and I can feel a small amount of friction when I’m hand turning it. I guess my 2 questions are:

1. Will it make matters worst if I run the motor detection? (The thing (?) rubbing is going to get caught and destroy the motor?)
  2. Is it worth opening it up and inspecting?

Apparently, when the phase wire are touching you create resistance ?! I tested again with the wires taped off and I can’t reproduce the issue. ty otisthebigcow on discord for the knowledge!

If you touch all 3 phases together you apply a brake with zero power input.

1 Like