Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

So ive got a 12s4p with group five totally beat. Could i just run it as an 11s pack or should i remove it and run a jumper series connection to run it as 11s. Ni way i can find comparable cells yo replace em. Basically just tryna figure out how sketch is it to simply let it fly in its current state. The fucking thing is potted into a segmented enclosure and its gonna be a fuckin royal bitch to get out. Will it blow up if i onlly charge it to 11s voltage and adjust my min boltage in kind?

I don’t want to run 12s because these are old 4.12 tb vescs and I don’t want to run them at/near their limits.

ohh yeah that’ll nuke em on FOC.

1 Like

Yeah, I can confirm. In my experince mounting motors behind wheels gets them a lot more beaten up by debris

2 Likes

I made made the mistake of downloading 3.1 vesctool android app.

I want to go back to 3.0.but I can’t find the APK anywhere.

Input?

If it’s not in here, please add it if you find it.

Reverse mount :face_vomiting:

Update on me shorting my balance cables on my lipo battery.

So I’ve spent the last couple of weeks cutting cables shorter, recrimping, replacing the connector. I get it working for a charge or two but then get an error on my balance charger (incorrect voltage or something similar)

Open up my enclosure and find either a balance cable is loose or broken and needs to be trimmed.

Conclusion, some of the leads “toasted” when it shorted. Whilst they are still able to work they are brittle and delicate and really my only solution is to resolder a whole new set of balance leads to the battery.

Soldering directly to lipo cells scares the sh*t out of me so after lots of asking I’ve finally found a hobby shop in the same region as me that will solder a new balance lead on for just $25 (NZ).

Sorry, no question here but just updating on the off chance this info is useful to someone else who has been stupid like me.

5 Likes

I wish there is something like this here

2 Likes

I’m going for a mtb with belts, with 66/15 for the ratio, with no idler, the mount (uniboards trampa mount) has a distance of 86 to 103mm, what would be the ideal belt size for this setup ?
The different calculator like bbman doesn’t help that much as it doesnt have the right options

I feel like 405mm is a good size

Try this

4 Likes

Bumping this question - what firmware should I use on the Torque6 ESC? Can I just load the most recent option in the VESC tool? Has anyone tested fw 5.3?

Use FW 5.2, let more experienced people test 5.3 and find issues with it.

3 Likes

Amazing tool !! Thanks for sharing it !

Anyone know offhand the internal dimensions of boosted’s xr battery and esc enclosures?

Anyone know the current limits of the original Boundmotor VESC that isn’t sold anymore? Or which version of VESC it’s based on? Anyone have any info on it? I think it was called the X-Core (not pro)

according to a 4years old reddit post

Width: 7.6 in
Length: 11.4 in
Height: 2.3 in
Weight: 5 lbs

don’t quote me on that, i don’t know how accurate it is

2 Likes

Lol no worries I’m just curious how viable it would be to gut them and rez my boosted mini with major stat increases xD

1 Like

idk if this website has what u looking for, there are many info

1 Like

Cool cool thanks!
Idk if I’ll ever even do it, but I keep seeing my boosted mini deck on my porch and wanting to slap a 10s2p or whatever fits and a xenith in it after I get around to fritting it lol

1 Like