Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Are you hitting your max speed/duty cycle?

If yes, then that’s “normal” according to frank. I have the same happening but only on the bench.

1 Like

I probably am. It seemed like it might have something to do with duty cycle settings… thanks!

1 Like

Still not sure why it even does this. Why can’t it be hitting the limit and be smooth :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Try using an older firmware version and see if this still happens.

1 Like

You could try a light load on it while it’s still on the bench to see if it makes a difference? I mean either holding the wheels a bit or getting something you can push on the wheels like a bit of scrap wood (just make sure the board is secured and can’t go flying), that way you can test it out under closer to real life settings without getting thrown off if it goes wrong.

I can’t make a useful observation about what would cause that micro stuttering, but it’s a big ask for a control system to work at such an extreme edge case (max duty cycle, very very little current, minimum inertia or other smoothing effects of having a big mass attached) without some minor issues. My guess is that with no inertia and momentum to contend with, any tiny little corrective action the system takes like speed limiting is very noticeable and appears abruptly

1 Like

oh and again, it hasn’t caused any problems so far.

I had an entire thread about it

Date is March 2021 and it’s been running flawless so far, i’m full throttling most of the time so everything has been safe for me. It does still have the crackling noises, especially when my board is limited to 6kmh/h even while riding and or on the bench at that speed. I do not remember it making the sound while riding with “unlocked” speeds. Need to test it again lol.

2 Likes

Hello,

I have a 72v battery, with the Vesc Tool + Flipsky 75100 can i lower
the voltage to use a Flipsky 6384 190kv 48v motor, if yes how to ?

Thank you.

1 Like

You can run a “48v” motor at 72v. It will just spin faster. You don’t need to do anything in the VESC tool for it to work.

Okay, Thanks !

Thanks, thats a good idea. It definitely doesnt inspire confidence on the bench lol.

Thank you, i feel a lot better. I was concerned i had damaged my bms somehow.

can I run an active balance board in parallel with a smart BMS? with the B+ wires and B- in the same spots of course. Would the active balancing mess with the xiaoxiang/LLT?

Hi, I’ve got a wiggle on my gear drive axle mount where it seems like either the mount to my matrix 2s have huge tolerances or maybe I have a slight bend in my axle? (Matrix 2, moon drives) Can someone let me know what I could do to at least make sure it’s tight on the axle.

1 Like

@moon :arrow_up:

1 Like

Hi,

The clamp is usually tight on the Matrix hangers. Are you able to check the fitment of the clamp on a another hanger? Has the gear drive been used?

2 Likes

Definitely a noob question but with increasing the cell count on a board that’s already configured for 12s do I have to reconfigure any settings besides upping the Battery Cells Series to the correct amount?

You’ll also have to change the low voltage cutoffs as well. I think that’s it however

1 Like

u would probably need a new bms and charger to start with

Seems like theyre too tight to get on the front trucks?The mounts themselves are brand new and the other mount seems to fit fine on either side, but I’ve been using the mountain board and the gear drives for a while.

Could I have ruined the mount somehow? Because it doesn’t make sense that it won’t even fit on the front trucks but it’s loose on the rear trucks yet the other mount is perfectly fine.