Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I doubt it but contacting Flipsky about it is still a good course of action. I’ve had these issues but usually they’re resolved by going through settings permutations until you get it right. Is the baudrate set correctly?

I’ve got everything packed away right now. But checked the vesc tool on my computer and settings on there show 115200 which matches what Flipsky say on their site for the VX2. Will recheck later but from memory the vesc tool shows you your last config when you open it up again.

1 Like

I’ve just sent a 2nd email to flipsky, no reply from the last one yet :frowning:

1 Like

No, but that’s the default baudrate in new versions of VESCTool

It’s apparently Chinese New year so expect communication delays

ok, whilst trying to find some diagrams of receiver wiring etc, I stumbled across this post.

Should I be trying to use this ports on the Stormcore for the receiver?

I am using the port where this guy currently has a white ribbon. I can see someone posts below about not getting data back so maybe I’ve stumbled on something…

Might get myself the right size connector and try this?

That was Feb 1st and no other public holidays until April.
There is a COVID “lockdown” there though (one week?) so that might prevent employees from getting to the office.

1 Like

Do focbox singles have a tvs diode/reliability on 12s FOC?

1 Like

FOCBOX singles were basically designed to run 12S FOC, yes.

1 Like

Can someone recommend a good 6355 (or similar length, 6374 and up too long for my build) motor that’s not from TB?

Thanks!

Flipsky bh 6384, Kv depends on voltage

either flipsky or freerchobby or maytech?

1 Like

6384 too long.

I’m using BN gear drives on SR TKP trucks. Looking for motors shorter than 6374’s.

They make a good 6355 too

1 Like

kV is kilovolts

Kv is a motor constant

Whoops, I blame autocorrect

1 Like

So turned out my 7 ply diy deck was fucked up. I noticed it last night of how off the trucks are based on how it was pressed, I got a 9 ply veneer waiting to be used, is that strong enough to where it won’t damage the electronics? Same time if it’s strong enough I would be able to complete it faster. Also thinking since I don’t have foam and I don’t want to mess up another board, I was thinking about getting those concave pads, thoughts?

1 Like

Whether it’s strong enough or not, it can always be strong enough by adding some fiberglass layers near/on the bottom of the stack.

1 Like

got a bustin yoface here and for some reason the enclosure wont come off (stuck to the deck) i removed all the bolts but it seems stuck
any tips?

Spray a lil iso and pry gently, make sure to get good purchase with your pry tool or it could damage the enclosure

1 Like