Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

tomorrow is mid april :joy:

1 Like

April 15th is mid-April.

the friday right before easter? good luck with that :joy:

Thanks for your patience on this one guys. Our USA container with the replacement Fivestar hubs is set to be delivered early next week, so we should be shipping them out by the end of the week (15-Apr at the very latest). If you received any Fivestars with this problem please submit a warranty claim through our site, referencing “Oversized Fivestar Bearing Holes”, and we’ll can get replacements out to you as soon as they’re available - Warranty — MBS.COM

4 Likes

Since i’m one of the european dudes, shall i send the request via the European site?

Edit: whoops, not possible it seems.

Oh, so sorry man. The European replacements haven’t shipped yet. Waiting on a container. I don’t have a solid ETA at this point. Wish I had better news for you.

I’m seeing the same as you for the European claim form. Will get that fixed asap so you can at least get your claim in.

4 Likes

Alright dudes, so I updated my Vesctool app (android) when I tried out the new firmware and whatnot. I switched back to my old firmware because the new version sucks. Now I am stuck with the new vesctool app as well.

Can I still make changes via the app without messing anything up?

1 Like

what sucks about the new version?

Some things are weird, I’m not smart enough to explain it but some parts of the power feel different to 5.2

1 Like

For me it was HFI. My setup runs perfectly on 5.2, but on 5.3, with the same HFI values, it was trash.

1 Like

Guys a great video for us noobs

Thank you @ShutterShock

5 Likes

So i have just noticed that when I’m riding and pull a certain amount of amps, after a few seconds both values for one side get halfed but I don’t notice a difference in power, it also doesn’t steer in one direction like with a 1wd.

Any ideas?

Unity
Vesc Fw 5.02

*In the metr log disable all lines apart from current and motor current, then let them get split up to have a better look. 7.59pm is a spot for example, long straight road.

3 Likes

Is it generally more return for selling a whole board or parting it out?

1 Like

If you wanna sell it here part it out. Otherwise it’s a mixed bag and it depends on the board. If it’s a beautiful board that’s well constructed. It’s worth more than the sum of its parts.

Also wrong category

4 Likes

i see no used board / parts for sale

where r the pics / price / location

@xsynatic ily

1 Like

Sure thing! Was a fun one to make

3 Likes

Question guys. My friend has a ownboard dualhub board. The antenna broke and makes the signal break to the remote. The esc is one of those glue covered ones. Is there a good way to break through that glue to reach the antenna joint on the board? And what kind of antenna should i buy to replace it?

1 Like

Hey guys,
Just resetting my vesc setup and wanted to check in on my values.
Running 2x6S Lipos to make a 12S 10ah pack. It’s turnigy with continuous rated at 12C and peak at 24C
Using Stormcore 60D+ and 2xFlipsky 6374’s 190kv (not battle hardened)
My motor max’s always sit around the 62-69A range after detection but i’ve updated to the following

Motor current max - 60A
Motor current max brake - -60A
Absolute current max - 200A (default after detection)
Battery Current max - 60A (10ah*12C =120a so halved it across each motor)
Battery Current max regen - -10A (this is what I used in my previous setup and from what i understand you just tweak this to get the braking resistance you like?)
Battery cutoff start - 44.4V
Battery cutoff end - 42V

Thanks in advance

1 Like

close but not exactly

batt regen for high speed torque and brake
motor regen for low speed torque and brake

i think u can probably down the batt cutoff end a bit? not sure how much lipo bounce back after u stop the drain

Is there any antenna left, or is it broken off at the surface?
I don’t have any experience with potted ownboard stuff, but if possible I would avoid messing with that, because it sounds like a pain.

The antenna wire itself is most likely a micro-coax, so two conductors, one inside the other separated with insulation. For the actual antenna bit itself, you can just strip 31.25mm of the outer conductor, and leave the inner conductor and insulation.

2 Likes