LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Got my new eboosted enclosure in. Looks to be about 3cm deep.
From the above schematic the stormcore is 24mm tall so this should be fine right?

2 Likes

ya, should be no problem! :yum:

padding up top just gofor some cussion or whathave you

you got space :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Pretty soon will be the launch of the next VESC tool, the beta is linked here. It should contain fixes for the majority of things you mention. I think it is pretty mature these days if you want to give it a test and see if it solves things for you.

Please report back anything it doesn’t solve. I’ve been more directly involved in the development and should be able to integrate changes reletively quickly before the next release.

18 Likes

Is there anyone around that know’s about repairing stormcores? I messed mine up. My fault. They’re kinda pricey to just throw out, especially if it can be repaired.

2 Likes

Yes but I’m in Sweden so it might get expensive

New setup with a Stormcore 60D+

I should be able to use a Metr + VX2 on this setup correct? Can I use the UART3 for the remote receiver? Currently UART2 works but UART3 doesn’t get any data/signal from the ESC.

1 Like

Firmware 5.3 is what you want to get access to the second uart port

4 Likes

Perfect, gonna give this a try. Thanks :+1:

Shit I’ve been wondering why my remote wasn’t picking up data and figured I’d swapped rx tx… Gonna give this a go before tearing things apart.

If this is your robogotchi board, I don’t think 5.3 support is released yet.

1 Like

Ah OK. Thanks for the heads up

Seems to be working now thanks. Had to reenable the control type to receive input again, don’t remember needing to change that before. New tool looks nicer, plus I see some new safety built in.

1 Like

where is this screenshot from? is that some new vanilla vesc tool? I’m a bit scared of my beloved hyst reverse

Should be the beta tool 3.01 with 5.3fw.

E: stock 3.01 has these, not sure what the others are you quoted

grafik

1 Like

I’m very intrigued. What is current bidirectional? If it’s a current with full reverse no brake, me want

1 Like

Isn’t that just current mode?

1 Like

No cus there’s one named “current” in his pic

Right… duh

I too wonder what the difference is then…

5.3 has been officially released?

also, same on the current bidirectional, i have no clue what it means

I think it’s still beta for now. Imma find out what it does as soon as I get my osrr

1 Like