Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

its not use as define point of any kind, its the liability issue that it poses if there isn’t a rated (standard / nominal) value, so they have to give it one

2 Likes

Oh I understand completely. But i’m sure there are plenty out there that will take the ratings as gospel without fully considering their use case and what is acceptable for them.

3 Likes

and most people don’t actually know if the desire amp they pulling is cont. or just burst

amass product is easy af to tell what amps they can do, just look at the number then u know how many amp it can safely do, easy af

2 Likes

this is why I’m concerned about using XT90/MR60 plugs when otherwise the system is designed to handle 180A(90Ax2), not all the time but at least reach it at certain moments, like hills.

I’ve read that Trampa vesc 6 should have a switch to change the sensor voltage used between 3.3V and 5V. Is it supposed to look like this, or are my refurbished units missing it? xd

Answered my own question; it’s hidden behind the top plate. I guess you could use tweezers to switch it as well:

actually most esc with that switch is made that way to prevent accidently changing it, so changing it is by choice, not a chain of random events

6 Likes

I’d have to disagree, epoxying the male side through the enclosure can be a lot more waterproof.

Are you trusting the marketing copy from the folks who profit from a sale? Or has this ESC been tested by someone else at these currents?

1 Like

sort of and I don’t know

:man_shrugging: different strokes.

Waterproofing comprises exactly 0% of my design ethos because I think riding in the wet is stupid.

2 Likes

Even dry days here have wet roads

But if you don’t intend to ride in the wet, but when you’re 10km from home, it starts to rain?

What if you’re flying down the street and there is a line of dumpster juice flowing across the street?

There are a thousand scenarios involving “not planning to ride when it’s wet” yet actually riding when it’s wet.

I guess just the difference between a tool and a toy may be what it comes to, i.e. the use-case.

1 Like

Is there enough space for a ratchet?
There are 90° attachments for tools that you could maybe use?

Been riding esk8s for 5 years, been caught in the rain exactly once. There’s this cool concept called a ‘weather forecast’ that i find quite useful when deciding whether to ride or not.

Also there is absolutely no reason why you can’t waterproof wire exits or inline connectors if that’s your prerogative.

Panel mounted connectors (especially permanently affixed ones) are just not my cup of tea. I prefer everything to be somewhat modular these days for easier maintenance.

1 Like

This is great. I’m happy that works for you. We definitely need multiple opinions and solutions presented.

This is unrealistic though for a lot of riders, and pretty silly IMHO. A lot of things aren’t under the rider’s control.

When someone reading destroys their $3k board because someone said water resistance isn’t important, they will likely be glad multiple different strategies, opinions, and situations exist. Umbrella speak and broad category generalization is getting old.

1 Like

Not for me. Hence my view on the matter.

this is actually why I like panel connectors that adapt internally. keep the plugs on the enclosure, all parts inside and outside be separately modular. it’s a pain to keep track of bullet order and keep things running through glands or holes when you want to mess with your drivetrain or drop in a new VESC or something. modular is a goal.

is their a good bearing removal tool for trampa wheels? or a good method. to put the wheels on you have to have a bearing out so you can put on the little rubber ring first. the rubber ring wont go the axle if you dont put it on the axle first with one bearing out. this could be an issue if you need to change a belt or innertube on the go. the bearings seem to stick in their real good. any ideas?

Has anyone ran FOC on Flipsky 4.12 vescs with 10s? Or should I steer clear of that

1 Like