Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Depends on the number of pulley and belt teeth. If they’re a mutually divisible ratio like 2:1, then they’ll stay in sync. If they’re not, then they’ll have to go around some number of turns to get back to the starting configuration.

3 Likes

honestly that big ass black square fet just below the canbus will prevent case contact… I just looked at mine…

it’s just literally EVERY OTHER PIN on that board are way too long… I’m going to flush cut all mine… they’re like crazy long…

the thermal pad will probably keep you safe til it wears down then maybe magic smoke…

thanks for pointing this out… you should post it up on the NeoBox thread… how many peeps actually look under the thermal pad…

it’s crazy…

3 Likes

ohhhhh boy… :wink:

did you ever get in on the only prime numbers in gear-sets discussions…

:crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Nope, I don’t want any piece of that math soup. I know just enough to stay the fuck outa it.

5 Likes

What’s a reasonable ESC to buy at this point? From what I can gather, Stormcore and VESC are expensive, Maytech and TB seems relatively unproven, Neobox didn’t pan out, Focboxes are gone, Flipsky has terrible QC, and cheap FOCer is still in beta.

Tell us more about what you want from your build.

ESCs are down on number 4, did you have anything in mind already for deck, enclosure, and battery?

What are your priorities?

Cost? Range? Reliability? All-terrain? Svelte Looks? Bragging Rights? Top Speed? Transportation Needs? All-weather? Lightweight? Done building soon?

Which 2 or 3 are most important to you?

1 Like

If v4, I’m still getting good ROI from my Maker-X dual. If you want to run 12s or need a more robust solution, the horrible answer if you’re buying right now is that buying a conflict Unity is probably the way to go. I need to go disinfect my keyboard now.

3 Likes

OMG ugh. Don’t buy from thieves

ESCs always come up for sale in here

https://forum.esk8.news/c/esk8-parts-market/used-parts-for-sale/16

and occasionally in here

and I think @torqueboards is getting close to having their ESC on the market which would definitely be recommended

4 Likes

Define “reasonable”. What is your goal?

Easy
Good
Cheap

Pick any two of the above. “easy” means you can actually just go buy it, as opposed to building it yourself.

2 Likes

Quick question
10s6p 30q Lacroix battery (pictured here)

Pgroup #4 is drifted

My question would be this: which one is it?

2 Likes

Without answering your actual question, I’m going to say, if it’s not broken, don’t fix it. That doesn’t seem off very far at all.

If you balance all the P-groups then discharge it halfway, how far off is it? Is it even off?

Leaving it plugged into the charger for a while should balance it

3 Likes

I don’t know. All I have to empty it is my old koowheel put wheels up and it seems to be very inefficient in discharging it without load

2 Likes

It’s currently plugged and set to static balance. Charger is green as bms has cut it off

1 Like

why don’t we see more boards using an XLR style charge port rather than the much more common barrel jack?

@computers convenience

4 Likes

as in to obtain or to build with?

A bit of both. No orientation required on a barrel and swapping with friends is easier

4 Likes

hey computer guy!

what’s a good 10amp 5.5mm barrel jack charging in/outlets for 'puters?

2 Likes

Perhaps a little foray into epoxy is needed

1 Like

Screenshot the voltages and leave it plugged in for 48 hours and see if they change

2 Likes