Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Same problem I imagine unfortunately, windings pressed up against mounting plate. Flipsky is really hit or miss for replacements but it doesnt hurt to try.

1 Like

Should i just hit them up or try it out with my vesc first?

Hit them up, put a piece of tape on that motor to differentiate and never hook it up to a VESC. If the windings are shorted you will kill the powerstage of your VESC immediately upon motor detection.

1 Like

Thx! Unfortunately its also the only motor i do own :no_mouth: :woman_facepalming:

Oof, see what Flipsky says and update your profile to include your location so local members might be able to help out if flipsky can’t.

1 Like

Do a hand test on the motor

1 Like

I’m trying to forward mount motors with a short EBS motor mount for looks/stealth, and to keep the length of the board down. In the current config I get motor bite so that’s not going to work, but I’m anxious about angling the mounts parallel/close to parallel with the ground. At the moment I have about 40mm of clearance so realistically it isn’t actually that bad. Am I basically left with either lowering the clearance or adding a riser?

40mm is fine for a street board, could take about 10mm off and be okay IMHO.

For offroad, ignore all of this.

1 Like

Cheers, because the mount doesn’t have 360° range and the next step up is wayy too low I ended up changing base plate from 44 to 50. I now have 30mm clearance and far from biting. Might actually nudge it back up a bit to get 35mm if I find it too close, but looks like the new baseplate worked a treat

2 Likes

Yeah Thanks! I did this phase wire test after buying (tried it also out today again). It feels okey for me, only thing is when I’m spinning my motor without connecting phase wires to each other it doesn’t feel as smooth as when I’m spinning my wheel for example. I feels a little bit choppy (but less choppy then when I’m connecting 2 phase wires). I only feel this when I’m spinning slowly. Unfortunately I can’t do the test with a drill, because I cant get off the motor mount and that causes that my motor axle is too small to put on the drill.

Yesterday I sent a message to Banggood as @itsrow suggested, but they won’t help me out because of exceeded waranty time.

Weird enough I had the feeling yesterday the resistance was higher when I tightened my bolts. Because today I don’t feel that much resistance ( There is always a bit resistance i guess?)

Do you think i could try it out on my esc or is it a bad idea?

motor bolts? how long is it? maybe it is touching the winding inside

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be ironic to lose access to the lounge because you were only active in the lounge

5 Likes

could be worse if no one like any of ur post / reply :joy:

3 Likes

Ah measured it its about 1 cm. So could it be it’s touching the windings?

1 Like

its possible, mine are always 8mm in length only

1 Like

I got included when I bought my motor mount. The bolt it self says 8.8 DL

if u have a multimeter, do a continuity test and see if any is too long

1 Like

Ah interesting. I will try out, thanks!

1 Like

What should I dress my board as for ren fest??!

2 Likes