Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Any issues with mix and matching 1.6 and 1.7 FocBoxes?

And what are the odds it took the other side with it?

Also is there anyone who does DRV replacements? I don’t feel comfortable doing it myself

ohhh no are these the boness focboxes?

No, these are a set I got a long time ago

One of your boneless boxes is going into the hole though, it’s gonna get some time on the healing bench and the twin will stay in a dark drawer for a while longer

The TB110 board is gonna get the TB4.12 or the Xenith 1.0 (fingers crossed it doesn’t have a bad antispark)

1 Like

Hahahahaha is this a common phrase I’ve missed out on or is it deliberately an AvE reference? I’ve tried using it in conversation with other DIY nerds of different persuasions but I usually just get confusion

2 Likes

Haha it’s an AvE reference, I love that guy

All the wires and connectors gotta go, its a very tight squeeze in that enclosure :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@Anubis has set up a shop specifically for battery building supplies

1 Like

West System 650 mixed with sawdust and/or milled glass fiber is what I would try.

1 Like

I like that plan, more likely to match color wise and I might be able to get away with just stain n frit.

Yeah they work fine together.

If you solder the battery minus and battery plus wires together on the ESCs, then there is no difference between the 1.6 and 1.7

If color is a thing you’re concerned about then use West System 105 + 206 which is clear or some other epoxy. I don’t know if 105 + 206 comes in small-ish containers.

West System 650 is yellowish. WS650 also has blush really bad that you need to wash off after curing. But it’s a tad better IMHO for deck repair as it’s SLIGHTLY flexible, just like wood. Like it’s hard and you could drill and tap it, but it’s a tiny bit soft as well.

I’m not going that far, but they will get plugged into the same harness

Which side should get the remote and bluetooth?

I got a gallon of silvertip on the way. I’m thinking sawdust with a drop of epoxy for the filler, with a tiny bit more sawdust on top. Then, stain the whole board, and it gets the regular frit treatment.
This deck is solid as a rock, too. And I’ll get rid of this deck when it dies or I do. So it doesn’t have to be customer level perfect.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter.

Use cable ties then to make sure that power XT60 doesn’t vibrate loose

1 Like

I got a bunch of mini zip ties for that purpose

Can I put pom gears in the dishwasher?
No but seriously, what’s the best way to clean lithium grease from pom gears?

shop rag?

are you eating off them?

2 Likes

Dishwasher doesn’t do it trust me :sweat_smile:

Go at it with the course side of a sponge and some degreaser, make sure you scrape off as much as possible first though

Edit: gasoline also doesn’t help

4 Likes

You could also jam a piece of wood in the hole (with the sawdust + epoxy mix) then sand it flat after curing if you want a more natural look.

1 Like

Or melt some jolly ranchers and pour the molten candy in the hole. Let harden and lick until flush/smooth @Kai

3 Likes

Yeah that was my first idea xD
I’m gonna be sanding the edges down for sharper lines though, so I can easily put aside sawdust made from the same wood.

1 Like