Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I don’t like smart reverse either. Not at all.

Have you tried hyst reverse? Once you brake to a stop, release to neutral then press brake again to reverse.

2 Likes

I have no idea why but hyst reverse made my motors make crazy scifi noises, and so I’ve left it alone. Fuckin space whale songs.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen an option for it. Is it under the vesc remote tab?

You have to Read App Data, then uncheck the “Space Whale Songs” box, then Write App Data in the VESC Tool.

2 Likes

It’s in App Settings > PPM > General > Control Type

2 Likes

There’s a thread about this, with some kind of workaround for your problem: https://forum.esk8.news/t/complete-stop-downhill-uphill-on-a-mountainboard-vesc6-is-it-possible/4244

3 Likes

Anyone have suggestions for good clear grip tape?

Clear frit is gonna be a lot better than clear grip

2 Likes

Agreed… but it’s going to be pretty hard to frit this

Edit:
Hmm… actually… I wonder if epoxy sticks to TPU

1 Like

MOB is the best clear grip tape I’ve used. Some of them are super, super shitty. I know MOB is good. I think there are other good ones but I’m so scared of the shitty kind I will only buy MOB now because it’s the one I know is good.

Like Zach said though clear frit will be better

1 Like

Fill a plate with clear epoxy, fill a second plate with clear frit, dip in one then dip in the other until it’s nice and thick

Epoxy last for a smoother more durable and cleanable texture, frit last for hella grip

Cure upside down on parchment paper if you want it flat and right side up (still use parchment paper) if you want it more textured

1 Like

Like fun dip for skateboards.

Not a bad idea… I’ll have to test how well epoxy sticks to TPU. @b264 ever tried epoxy on rubber or TPU?

1 Like

Let the epoxy soak around the plastic so it has more area to adhere to, scuff it to hell and back first

1 Like

It’s printed, so I could design a channel into the top surface to hold the epoxy. Maybe with some hollow features to give it something to grab onto.

Edit:
Alright @ZachTetra you convinced me. Might have to do some investigation

No but I have some uncured epoxy right now

HOLD MY BEER

experiment running, check back in 24 hours

1 Like

How do I replace sensor wires? I wanna swap to a waterproof connector without a chunky interface but the wires are epoxied in

Also is JB Weld good for battle hardening or does the steel fuck with the magnetic fields?

Do not use JB Weld inside motors. The steel in it is definitely magnetic. I made this mistake once.

Okay, I imagine I got something else around. What happened?

They are epoxied in, you leave them alone :rofl:

1 Like

It will flow onto and around the magnets while it’s curing.

I’m sure if you put it on the stator it would have some sort of bad effect, though I’m not sure what.