Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Depends on what hub you’re referring to

Longer screws to replace the existing hub screws, followed by a spacer and the sprocket itself. Use properly sized screws, not whatever’s below.

1 Like

did you use hex coupler nuts as spacers?

I used regular M4 spacers, I think 20mm long.

1 Like

Do you have a link? I can’t find m4 spacers that have the right od. All the imperial offerings only get to like 6.1 or 6.2mm or so

Looks like the one I got was 7mm, which was nice because it just barely fits into the nut cutout in the hub. However, I had to double mine up because it was only 10mm long.

2 Likes

How do I solder a wire onto the “pads” of the BMS? The wire’s 16AWG and not thick enough to really stay in the hole, but there’s also not a ton of pad to solder onto. Does it even matter which hole it goes to?

2 Likes

There should also be pad on the other side. What you can do is strip the wire extra long, then fold it once or twice, and solder it on both sides of the pad.

5 Likes

By pad are you referring to the strip connecting the two holes on either side? They look awfully close to the electrical components to be soldering onto. (Old broken BMS below)

If you are good at soldering you should have no problem at all. That ground pad soaks up a lot of heat so there isn’t a very high risk of them coming loose or anything like that. Plus, they’re pretty large resistors and are likely pretty resilient

5 Likes

You can just put the wire in there at an angle so it touches both sides and solder it in there

1 Like

My second hand trampa hd60T is currently paired to the original owner’s phone and it isn’t letting me connect to it. How do I remove the pairing? Firmware reset didn’t work, and going to App → General and setting “pairing done” to false didn’t work either

nvm im a dumbass, my phone was paired to a diff vesc

3 Likes

I usually put a bit of fish paper underneath, fill up the hole with solder and then drop the wire into that.

It doesn’t matter which hole. Any hole’s a goal as they say.

2 Likes

got a new flipsky antispark from @Anubis
i just attached it a few days ago (not even ran the board yet) and now the switch wont turn off the vescs anymore

any advice/ help

Are you certain you attached it correctly

It is important to connect the load and battery to the correct sides

1 Like

Sounds like it may be bad as it appears it’s in a constant closed state.

yep
it was working (with board on the bench for a couple days) left it sitting for 2 days and now it wont turn off

worth getting replacement or go for refund?

So one of my clients just had the same issue. Brought me an anti spark to install and it wouldnt power on @ all. They contacted flipsky for a replacement and I should have it in hand today hopefully.

It’s up to you though. Their antisparks are good if you treat them well enough. Dont, and you’ll see the old unreliable flipshit.

You do you though.

2 Likes

whats involved in treating an antipspark well?
i dont think i did anything wrong

everything pretty standard

Be honest, how was it left? What volt battery was it connected to? How was wiring management? Were all connectors shielded?

To be fair, it is flipsky. And even though they have stepped up their game, they still do have product that sneaks through quality check and just die.

Try for a replacement. If they dont give it to you then get the refund.

Also, what antispark was it?

1 Like