Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Is there a gt2b setup guide? Failsafe and everything

I’m not sure, there used to be one on the old forum but I don’t think anyone made one here

I just used youtube videos from people using it for cars

Yeah I found a few things on Google. Would love to actually find a build guide for the gt2b guts

1 Like

So I am only getting ppm response from the wheel on the side of the remote. Do you know how to change that to the trigger?

PS: this forums has me a little anxious asking this. Asking anyways and hoping for a DIY angel. May be wrong thread.

What’s the best board I can build for less $2K to total? Features I like:

Future proof-ness (I believe I will enjoy this hobby for a while so I want to invest unfortunately time is not my friend — got a demanding job and new baby)

Drop down deck (trying to beat evolve GTR)

Good quality VESC like stormcore, unity

7” inch wheels (new rider, want comfort over speed)

Double kingpin trucks (skate a lot with with kids so wants to go slow but have tight turning radius)

Patience (I’m okay waiting it it’s a good investment)

Range - 10-15 miles is okay with me.

Reliability - big plus for me as I like things to just work.

1 Like

Don’t be afraid. The water’s fine, jump on in!

First off, this is a great place to ask troubleshooting questions and general questions, but for advice on a full build you will probably get a deeper discussion on best parts for your personal requirements by starting a new thread in the DIY Builds section.

$2k is a good goal, although “future proofing” will probably directly compete with your budget. The best deals will be had around black Friday and by buying lightly used parts in the sale section. If you don’t have a lot of time and/or mechanical and electrical skills, i would seek to almost directly copy an existing build here that fits your goals. Don’t try to get creative if you’re trying to do it quickly, cheaply, or easily.

#1 piece of advice is to pick a matched enclosure and deck. (An enclosure purpose-built for a specific deck)

#2 piece of advice is to read, read, read, and read some more. It will take you months if not years to make a dent in the library of knowledge on this forum. Start now and wear out the search function. Or accept your fate as an annoying newb who doesn’t listen or take advice (they know who they are)

I’ll quote the classic advice, which you may ignore at your own peril, frustration, cost, and pain:

Welcome to the club!

7 Likes

I run two 6s 12000mah turnigy lipos. I was riding tonight, everything was going great, and then there was a loss in power. I checked the VESC tool app, and my voltage had dropped from 44 volts to 22ish volts.

I checked my battery box. One of the lipos had some swelling. I used the extra batteries in my packpack to ride the remaining 1/4 mile home.

I checked both with a voltmeter, and the good lipo is at 19v, while the puffed lipo is at 18v.

I got these lipos at the same time and they have the same cycles on them. What could have caused the puffing and uneven discharge? I wasn’t really running them that hard.

I have another set of Tattu 12000mah 6s lipos that I can run instead of the Turnigy’s, but I don’t want the same thing to happen to them.

All I can say is out of the 6 cells only one has to go bad to ruin the pack. Maybe next time buy 3s or 4s packs and to replace a pack is cheaper. @ethana4

19V is very low for a pouch cell. They really shouldn’t be taken past 3.5V per cell at all, or 21V in your case. Probably got somewhat unstable being run that far down.

1 Like

I will keep that in mind. I’m hoping the pack isn’t toast

2 Likes

You need to make sure you’re plugged into the right channel on the receiver

I figured it right after I posted that haha

1 Like

If it’s pretty puffed, I wouldn’t risk charging it again. Electrolyte decomposition has already started, and it’ll greatly increase the chances of catastrophic failure, as well as reduce capacity anyways. If it’s a very minor swelling that goes away after a day or two, it may be ok but I personally wouldn’t risk it.

Ok thanks. For some reason my charge only BMS is only showing a small voltage at the charge port even with the non-puffed set

What’s the best anti spark at the moment
I want a switch
No loopkeys allowed

People have said good things about the flipsky 280a one

2 Likes

thanks a lot

i want to set up the battery in 4wd config (2 wires going forward and 2 wires going backwards out the battery)
whats the easiest way to setup an anti spark with that

Easier to have the split wherever the most room is imo

1 Like

fairs
thanks

will look into ordering one

What makes 3 link trucks good? What are the differences with rkp trucks? What is it about them that makes them good for esk8 racing? Would them be bad at off-roading?