Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

So the unity UI app is the full value, not halved? and in the VESC tool its halved?

only both the battery value are combined, the motor value is still per side

Ohh okay, so for my 10s3p 30q battery 45amp discharge, -12amp regen would be sweet?

1 Like

the battery regen = high speed brake, u can do what ever number u want as long as u don’t hurt urself.

-12 is probably too soft for me, but that’s a preference thing

I think I saw that Battery regen should be at a maximum 1.5 battery charge rate? so 12 * 1.5, -18 max battery regen to prevent damage to cells, or does it really not matter too much in the end?

1 Like

Cell charge rate is rated for continuous, and regenerative braking is instantaneous, so two different measurements.

2 Likes

u don’t really do high speed brake for longer than 2 or 3s anyway, that short amount of high current flowing back into a 3p cells doesn’t hurt it that much.

Also, would u rather be able to stop or crash into things? set ur battery regen accordingly.

2 Likes

Awesome, cheers for the help guys!

1 Like

Does anyone know of any proper risers to mount channels on a street deck, besides 3ds? Nothing against them, I just want to know if there are options for the sake of options.

riptide makes a tunnel riser out of some really solid urethane, not sure if that’s exactly what you’re looking for though

I’m trying to setup hfi, but when I try to engage the brakes in the vesc tool (v3, i think) it only makes the motor blip for a moment and thing nothing happens. How do i fix this?

side note: I’m using tb motors. Not sure how well they like hfi

Change control mode to none, then turn on the keyboard icon on the right side

1 Like

Small question for y’all. Where does one go in the focbox app to change what kind of input you’re using? (ie: ppm, uart, etc)

2 Likes

That doesn’t quite tell me. Is there no dropdown menu for changing inputs??

1 Like

it is either PPM mode enabled/disabled

or UART mode enabled/disabled.

well or both

1 Like

Apparently not. Friend was having troubles.ubity reset itself after a charge. Both ppm and uart were on. Turned off uart and throttle started working again

1 Like

i do know that the unity on certain occasions has issues with UART but i think that’s when the remote is UART? (Not exactly sure what it was)

E: i believe it was applying settings with a UART remote was troublesome.

1 Like

Puck remote

where can i find this? or is it like a terminal command i need to input?

**nevermind, found it! :sweat_smile: