Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

You need to make sure you’re plugged into the right channel on the receiver

I figured it right after I posted that haha

1 Like

If it’s pretty puffed, I wouldn’t risk charging it again. Electrolyte decomposition has already started, and it’ll greatly increase the chances of catastrophic failure, as well as reduce capacity anyways. If it’s a very minor swelling that goes away after a day or two, it may be ok but I personally wouldn’t risk it.

Ok thanks. For some reason my charge only BMS is only showing a small voltage at the charge port even with the non-puffed set

What’s the best anti spark at the moment
I want a switch
No loopkeys allowed

People have said good things about the flipsky 280a one

2 Likes

thanks a lot

i want to set up the battery in 4wd config (2 wires going forward and 2 wires going backwards out the battery)
whats the easiest way to setup an anti spark with that

Easier to have the split wherever the most room is imo

1 Like

fairs
thanks

will look into ordering one

What makes 3 link trucks good? What are the differences with rkp trucks? What is it about them that makes them good for esk8 racing? Would them be bad at off-roading?

@DEEIF is your man.

1 Like

The one thing I can help with on the forum! 3link advertising and talking! (Before this I would like you to know that I no way benefit from the sale of 3links)

So the resistance on the bushings when turning feels linear. When you want to turn right you don’t have to fight the bushing, but when you stop the turn and want to center again they pop right back.

They react the same when hitting bumps. Every. Single. Time. It depends on weight and rider skill but for myself every time I hit a bump or pothole the truck goes right left and then centers straight again. No matter the speed. I hit a bump doing mid 40’s and because I had taught myself how the truck reacts I didn’t even notice it.

They have 5 points of adjustability. There is 3 holes that dampen or make the truck react more. The lowest of the 3 makes it more stable and less squirrelly etc. Then you can change the angle on the actual Hangar itself. It’s hard to explain unless you’ve seen them but once you select 1, 2, or 3 you can then further adjust it by moving up or down where the radius rod connects to the truck.

The fifth point is super special. It can be lifted and lowered. What? Like a car you can lift the trucks up as well as slam it to the ground within 10minutes. This means you can lift it up for crappy/off road use and then drop it for smooth streets.

This wont make sense until you ride them but… They are crazy stable AND crazy turny. Currently I have my bushing finger tight, literally finger tight, and I can do high 30’s low 40’s with ease. Without adjusting them I can also do short track racing on them and out turn any RKP, Channel, and TKP truck we’ve had come.

@MoeStooge @MarioChacon @ahrav

9 Likes

Going from abec11 107mm’s to 120mm cloudwheels. How much more comfortable are we talking?
In situations where the asphalt is a bit old and rugged for example. Still only gonna use on asphalt. But in my town the asphalt is pretty rough in terms of vibration.

Also, the new discovery. Will they fit boardnamics m1 abec adapters? Since the spokes are fatter.

1 Like

I have a vanpro mini remote. One of the receiver pins came loose, so I ordered a new on.

Something is wrong with the new remote. So I used the old remote and paired it with the new receiver (following the steps on the mini remote guide on here). After setting up input on VESC tool, for some reason, when I turn the remote on now ( no input), the board full throttles and wont stop

What are some good drop-through deck and enclosure combos in the US that don’t cost a ton?
Working on upgrading my brothers BKB Tayto.
A year ago there were some good options out there, but can’t seem to find much.

when adding 2 more lipos in parallel, should I just splice the new balance wires into the original ones

If I get a METR CAN + DAVEGA is there any benefit to having a Robogotchi + GPS? I really like the idea of logging without needing to connect to Bluetooth but I’m not sure how it works with METR/DAVEGA

Cloudwheels from 107s will be more comfortable. I can guarantee that. As for fit, I think cloud wheels fits 8mm axels if I’m not mistaken.

This sounds like an issue with the throttle tuning. Probably the remote is being registered as engaged when it’s on. I only had that issue on my torqueboard mini. But it was because I tuned my remote by a large margin. Not sure if it’s the same in this case.

explanation of the year award
soooooo desperate for a set

got a friend with this deck (which he loves)
and he asked me to do a build for him with it
would you advise against 3 links on this deck? (its sort of a long kicktail deck, really nice though and thats the only part he exclusively wanted to use)