Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

For me, clouds are are 25-30 percent more comfortable. Discovery core Clouds take an ABEC clone core fit. So regular ABEC pulley prongs will be too large.

You need the sd card module for metr to not need a bluetooth connection.

1 Like

Does anyone know the store / want to buy a couple of them for EU?

2 Likes

MOQ of 10, though.

(Share link was bad.)

3 Likes

Thanks, found it.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Boosted-105S-wheels_1600194172361.html

I’m not sure if one “piece” is one set of 4 wheels or one wheel, weird :confused:

Looks like it’s the company behind Ownboard?

actually ownboard (the parent company to be correct technically) brought the whole production line of the boosted grey wheels and 105s awhile back

4 Likes

Ah that’s exactly what I was looking for, it’s there any other function exclusive to the DRI system?

1 Like

Were you able to fix it. I tried reminding and resetting the failsafe a couple times, and then setting up input on VESCTOOL, but that didn’t fix it.

I’m not familiar with the feature set of the DRI products so I’m unable to tell you who has exclusive features that the other ones don’t have.

i found those tiny red jst connectors cant really support 5amps

need a 2 pin connector for the charge port but need it to be small enough to fit through the hole (so i can take the charge port out if necessary
what can i use?

they can if you use proper ones. The ones with silicone wire are holding up much better than the stiff ones. Though i would just get a xt30 or so.

1 Like

dunno if xt30 is small enough

i got the thin copper wire ones
they get burning hot at 4 amps

4 Likes

its all about the outside threads (the smaller piece)
will the xt30 make it through the hole…
so close not sure

about 10x5mm

1 Like

cheers
will measure and see
thanks

I want to detect braking for my brake light. Can I read throttle position using UART? I see there is a way to set throttle with nunchuk. Can I read nunchuk and will that work for my uni1 remote?

Solid geek library has an example with setting throttle “UART.nunchuck.valueY = variable” can I read it or this variable from the library only works to transmit to esc not read from esc.

My guess would be I can add this last line?

if ( UART.getVescValues() ) {

Serial.println(UART.data.rpm);
Serial.println(UART.data.inpVoltage);
Serial.println(UART.data.ampHours);
Serial.println(UART.data.tachometerAbs);
Serial.println(UART.data.nunchukvalueY);

If I’m running a single motor board off a MakerX DV4 and I want to make it self-balancing manual board do I just need to update the firmware to vesc5, buy the imu chip and follow spintend’s directions?

I dunno if this will be helpful or not, but I solved a similar problem on my last board by directly intercepting the throttle PPM (PWM) signal from the remote with a trinket microcontroller. Only tested with a PPM remote, so I dunno if it’ll work if you’re using a UART reciever.

I think I’ve still got the code kicking around somewhere if you want to try and repurpose it.
Really simple, just look at PPM signal, figure out whether its below 50% (braking), and then translate that to a PWM output to control an LED driver.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation!! They sound amazing.

I find crazy that you can even adjust the height of them, do you think that not a lot of people use them for off-road because of the high price?

Also, after looking at pics of the truck, I can totally understand the adjustability of them, they are very well though out.

I see people use them with belts and open gears, is there a closed gear drive for them?

1 Like