Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

what battery do u recommend?

do u have any alternatives?

depends on where u r in the world

US - Missouri

2 Likes

ahh there it is. Folks will shit on Flipsky too, it’s hit or miss. I’m admittedly rocking a flipsky ESC and it’s doing me fine within reasonable specs.

For battery I would suggest getting this commissioned from someone reputable on this forum. You really don’t want to skimp here at all for safety as well as performance. For enclosure, you could also look into Eboosted - https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/landyachtz-evo-falcon-enclosure/

3 Likes

check this thread for battery builder: [WIKI] Trusted Battery Builders (Serious)

and for enclosure, what @DKAY said, or if u want, @tomiboi also makes beautiful integrated decks

2 Likes

Thanks! do u recommend only using 12s3p 40t, or going for 4p, is the difference that severe. And the 3p vs 4p is just range right?

Why would you pay 342$ for an unreliable Flipsky ESC when you could get a Stormcore for 320$ or a BKB zenith for even less? :laughing:

as for 3P vs 4P – 4P will be more powerful of course, but I doubt you will be maxing out your battery with those direct drives. Although because the larger your pack, the smaller the current load per cell, upgrading from 3P to 4P will give you a bit more than just 33% more range.

3 Likes

I’ll answer my own question fwiw, can see circ clip on motor and found freesk8 beta for iOS has a tcp bridge…god bless them!

1 Like

dont go direct drive. this thing will kill you. Torqueboards has basically no customer service now and these are notorious for bending and breaking

2 Likes

Thanks and sorry for the poor choice. should i not use a flipsky remote either?

we recommend getting a battery custom built by a builder. They will be much more safe and reliable.

Depends on how much electro magnetic noise is in your area. Been fine for me, except when a metal lid is in the way. But in a busy city no way

is there a better direct drive? I prefer the silence and the low maintenance

The Flipsky vx1 isn’t a bad remote, but the VX2 is notoriously bad for it’s many issues. The Hoyt puck on the other hand is a great remote.

2 Likes

Hub motors or possibly 3d servisas gear drives could offer that. But yeah, direct drives are for people who can do motor maintenance, which is not fun :sweat: Current options just aren’t reliable :frowning_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately there’s no good direct drive on the market that is free of issues. All of the existing direct drives require loads of maintenance and work. Gear drives are the next best thing but they’re loud. a quieter belt drive setup with low kv motors/large motor pulley would work. I’m running this setup and its not very loud.

1 Like

btw this thing will snap on you. 2 of mine broke. avoid mboards like the plague, they’re practically scammers.

I’d recommend the Evo 40 so you can get this enclosure. I have an evo 40 and this enclosure, and its great. Deck and enclosure are the first two things that you gotta figure out, and cheaping out can screw you over bigtime.

Single stack enclosure (12s4p max)

Double stack max 12s8p

1 Like

Eboosted has an enclosure for the 36" too, no?

not sure if the evo falcon is the same as the spectrum 36, so I didnt mention it. If theyre the same deck with different finishes then yeah