Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

This reminds me of the flipsky smart antispark…Just cut the shrink, install ur things, heatshrink it again.

3 Likes

Thanks, just wanted to be sure I would mess up anything too bad in the process ha

Don’t go full waterjet on it, cut lightly, if it is the flipsky smart AS, then one of the wire inside is solder across two switch pin, u probably don’t want to cut that unless u want to do more soldering

Thanks for the help! I’ll give it a shot

man i had that same problem i just brute forced it with my bare hands until the heashrink literally had a screw pattern on it

I’m a fan of this kind of thing

and there’s a general thread that I haven’t gone through here as well as a few more in the Safety category if you just want to filter threads that way Safety gear recommendations? - #14 by janpom

1 Like

are some ESCs not going to be in stock for a while cause of chip shortages? (thinking of the xentih primarily here, since it’s what I’m hoping to use for another build)

1 Like

is It safe to solder 12 awg wire to these pins. to the outside of the flat pin and in thinner one

It can be done yes but 12AWG is rather large for that. make sure you fuse one of the two terminals.

2 Likes

the wire from my inline fuse holder and bms which go to it are both 12 gauge so wasn’t sure

Anyone run two different single ESCs together over CAN before? I’ve got a Maker X mini FOC plus and a Torque6 ESC that’s lost its usb c plug. Bad idea?

Haven’t tried two different ones myself but maybe you could get a UART Bluetooth receiver to program the torque6 and not have to deal with CAN? I almost exclusively use the Unity’s built in BT and the VESC tool android app

I don’t see anything horrible about the mismatched ESC over CAN idea but not an expert

1 Like

Yeah its no problem providing theyre the same version of VESC (v4 with v4 or v6 with v6). You just have to be even more careful when doing your setup that all settings are identical sans VESC ID.

2 Likes

Thanks for reply. And yeah I was running the Torque6 ESC fine with BLE module but when I updated firmware my BLE module wouldn’t connect :cry:. So only chance I have of making use of it is to try and connect over CAN with a different ESC. Maybe I can then get the BLE module working again and be able to use it as a single or just use it with my Maker X Mini FOC and run dual :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You’d think they scotch taped the USB connectors on those TB6s… This is the third or fourth case I’ve seen of the connector breaking.

2 Likes

Yeah it broke the first time I plugged it in :cry:

1 Like

Anyone have any info on v-belt guys… I ordered belts from them last month on the 28th and haven’t gotten a single notification other than the order is in processing. Anyone with any advice or estimated wait times?

Weird, when I’ve ordered from them in the past they’ve been pretty quick

Its just getting annoying ha, need new belts and I heard they were good…but these wait times are nuts. I’m wondering if I should just order from somewhere else

What size do you need