Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

nope, i don’t think Anshul’s got them in hand yet from the factory

1 Like

Can anyone recommend a cheap, 2-stage vacuum pump? Like $150’ish?

1 Like

Still got the weird acceleration issue on my unity. Sometimes when i start to accelerate it just “taps” the throttle and then continues to throttle up. It’s not super jerky but still very noticeable.

It’s like if you were to flick the brake once and then hold the brake, just with acceleration.

Restarting the unity fixed it mostly i think but at random times it comes back.

1 Like

what remote u using? vx1?

2 Likes

yes

2 Likes

have a look at this:

might be something to do with the potentiometer, the metal contact might be little dirty

3 Likes

the issues described there sounds different on some parts.

I feel like it’s like shifting gears where you have that short dead zone between the shifting, only that the shift begins not even a second after starting to accelerate.

Tap the the throttle, then hold, that’s how it behaves.

2 Likes

:thinking: u using it in ppm mode? maybe try to remap again?

1 Like

ppm, yes.

did that several times.

Not sure why it comes and goes. Restarting sometimes fixes it. I had it on my ride yesterday, left the apartment, stepped on it and noticed it. Restarted the board and it was gone.

2 Likes

Does the VX1 use magnets and a hall effect sensor like the VX2 or is it a potentiometer? Sounds like dirt or corrosion in a potentiometer to me, but that’s a bit of a guess. Have you replicated it on other remotes?

That’s so weird. Have you tried a different remote at all

Issues like these are why we still don’t trust the unity that much haha

2 Likes

checked receiver?

potentiometer remote, vx2 is hall sensor, not sure about vx3

2 Likes

i only have the murderous nano remote (not nano x). The nano is the remote ich broke my arm with, i wouldn’t use it anymore as it took a lot of damage.

Else i only have the mini remote. Might give that a shot.

3 Likes

a while back yes. Connectors are glued so don’t suppose anything wrong with it.

Depending on what Ben sends me as spare parts i can swap the Pot.

2 Likes

An aerosol can of contact cleaner or a squeeze bottle of isopropyl alcohol would help with dislodging crap from a scratchy potentiometers (in audio systems it makes horrible noises and I can’t think of a better way to describe it), or if you can get a toothbrush near the track to clean it off that’s even better

3 Likes

pad up if u do try another remote, if vx1 and receiver were all good, then the unity is a bit sus

2 Likes

but this doesn’t asnwer why it’s getting fixed after a restart of the board.

3 Likes

Also potentially basic troubleshooting you’ve covered already: have you tried just wiping the unity and starting over on 5.x or whatever firmware you’re on? I know you know what you’re doing but there’s an off chance there was a glitched terminal command or something stupid like that that might mess with an acceleration curve

1 Like

This kind of problems suck ass, you should be looking into buying precise telemetry for your board, it may help you resolve the issue.

I’m with everyone on the issue and feel that it’s probably the remote, but you never know, you can do a bunch of bench testing with your computer

2 Likes

Yeah fair but I’m always extra skeptical of the part of any machine that has to interact with a disgusting fleshy human, and it could possibly be just a coincidence or some other cause that it stops after you stop and get off and mess around with the board for a minute

1 Like