Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I would recommend you unsolder the bullets on your motor and solder the same connector on as your ESC.

MR60 Motor
MR60 ESC

3 Likes

That makes sense. I’ll do that. Thanks everybody for the help

1 Like

If I remember right the Unity (if you got the newer ones that have MR60 and XT90S connectors) come with a set of motor-side MR60s as well

1 Like

Hey boobs. Got a dumb esc that’s doing stuff I haven’t seen before. Motor detection runs fine from the VESCs POV, but the motor doesn’t do jack. Here are the results: image

Gonna start touchin’ stuff w/ my meter probes, idk.

i feel provoked, triggered, and turned on.

have you tried detection multiple time? with and without sensors?
because motor r, motor l and flux linkage are seriously off
actually motor current shoudn’t be 4A either, it should be 60 or whatever the motor is rated for

checked all the soldering connections?

4 Likes

Check all the phase wire connections, then do a hand test on the motor if you don’t find an issue there.

Your right its marks. But then why would the urathane loosen around the core? Only had them for 3 months, I noticed the other wheel being propelled by the motor is also loosened but not as much, could the reason be the fact that its being propelled by the motor?

1 Like

^^^^^^^^^

please help really need an answer asap

i never opened the drives since 3ds installed them so its gotta be something else and there arent any wiring issues (that i can see)

i don’t know.

Hope i could help.

1 Like

so that solves that

however now i fixed it i have a problem on the exact same motor where its making a noise which sounds exactly the same (completely different problem though) :laughing:

1 Like

For me it sounded like the Stator grinding on the magnets.

3 Likes

The can grinding on stator?

@xsynatic lol

4 Likes

how has that happened

it may be the case but it only grinds at 1 specific point

why would that be and how can i check and fix?

open up the motor.

2 Likes

any other way

pain to open motors in a gear drive

There are probably many reason that caused it, maybe u hit it by accident, maybe u drop the board, maybe ur shaft is bent which pulls the can slightly off…I honestly don’t know

The only way that I can think of to check it is open up the motor and see if stator still looking good

2 Likes

k will do

takes ages to do though so bit of a pita

The time u spend on checking the motor is better than the time ur motor lock up and made u a painful superman

2 Likes

yeah course
just wish there was a way to confirm issue without opening it

1 Like

The batterry grinding on the can?

2 Likes