Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Cool I’m looking at the “ABEC/Kegel Press Fit Wheel Pulley” and I have two more questions:

The TB110 wheel has ten holes. Is that ABEC or Kegel?

The Evolve pulley is 38T and the motor pulley is 15T. I see your “ABEC/Kegel Press Fit Wheel Pulley” comes in 36T and 40T flavors. I’m noticing now my 290 belts won’t actually work with the Evolve pulley and Boardnamics motor mount since the mount is not as long as the old one.
Which pulley would you recommend and which belt to go with my boardnamics mount and 15T motor pulley?

TB110 is Kegel core. I highly recommend the 40T pulley size because TB110 are big wheels and that will give you the extra torque you need. Also, 15/40 and a 290mm will fit so it saves you from buying a new belt.

1 Like

May have figured it, i had the cells glued together and then heat shrinked and then wrapped in tape,
i think the tape and shrink may not have been tight enough so even though the tape was siliconed to the bottom of the enclosure the cells still had some movement up and down within the shrink and tape.

Just cut away the tape and wrap from the bottom of the cells and will stick them straight to the enclosure, will see if that was it tomorrow…

1 Like

look at those personnaly I ordered 3 since the price is not obsurd idk if it’s good quality yet tho

1 Like

35V all around and they for sure are only for 1A in open air.

2 Likes

I got these from duck battery and I noticed that the XT90 is slightly weaker than the other XT90s I own. Does anyone else have similar issue with these? The solder wand was only held for a good 3 seconds for pre tinting.

u supposed to have a XT90 female plug into the port when soldering to keep the pin in place

5 Likes

Ah. I’ve done these without the female inserted…

Thank you. I’ll probably buy another set when I upgrade my board.

2 Likes

Cheap chargers should be plugged into the wall first, then into the boards charge port. Sparks should not appear anymore.

1 Like

Are the MBS at12 even worth considering with their good price point or I should definitely invest in some matrix 2 even if it’s a cheap project ?

Okay guys, I don’t understand. One whole set of brand new TB110 were waiting in my closet for the build, away from sunlight or any chemical. Two of them, on the same hanger became really discolored on some spots.

I’m 90% sure there was no discolorations some weeks ago. The two others wheels of the set which are on the drivetrain and were stored the same spot few milimeters away, are spotless.

Any clue ?

7 Likes

i had an issue a week ago or so with the stator and can of my motor making a weird noise. i confirmed the issue was something mechanical (not vesc or phase wires, checked phase wires up till point of entry to the motor) but it seems like taking apart the drive is gonna require a ton of work.
by the looks of it the motor seems ok (not bent or damaged) and the scraping occurs at random points (not the same point every turn) i was thinking maybe something got inside it… is there a way to possibly clean out the motor?

thanks a lot

:worried: Shit man, I’m sorry to hear that! PM me your order number and I’ll send you a replacement XT90 Panel Mount for free :metal:

Yeah like Michael says, when soldering any male XT connector its always best practice to have a female plug inserted to keep the male from getting melty. I’ve personally never been able to solder a male XT90 (panel mount or no) without having a female plug inserted.

2 Likes

(I don’t actually have an answer just kind of poking around)

If the wheels were sitting on anything, did the colour transfer to that surface as well, or to a hand/anything else that has touched them since? The only type of discolouration I’ve seen on polyurethane is yellowing, but it’s apparently a huge family of chemicals so idk what TB uses for the semi-transparent blue. The mechanism for discolouration is usually UV-related oxidation, you mentioned it was kept away from sunlight so my guess is maybe in transport/other storage those ones were e̶x̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶, blasted with UV but I don’t really understand so not sure if that holds any water

2 Likes

Just checked, no color transfer anywhere… Also tried scrapping the spots with my nails, nothing.

I wonder if I had some loctite stains on my hands last time I moved them. I just put a tiny spot of 243 near a bubble to see if anything happens during the following days.

5 Likes

PM’ed.

I’ve learned how to solder male XT90s without the females connected. I was shocked on how fast the plastic was able to melt. Hopefully this doesn’t happen to me again doing the female method.

1 Like

Having the female inserted wont necessarily keep the plastic on the male from getting melty, but it should keep the male pin firmly in place so it doesn’t move around while the plastic cools. That’s been my experience with soldering male XT90’s anyway :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You may have to take it apart and see if the motor can isn’t scraping the aluminum or that something didn’t get inside. Those are the usual cases for direct drives after taking some beatings.

1 Like

so they didnt get any beatings… also i would have thought if it was scraping then the scraping would be every roatation at a fixed point. this is very random and the scraping sometimes happens after 5 rotations and sometimes after 1 (also not at a fixed point).
it could be something got in but i dont see how since they are completely sealed so to get anything in would be super hard

Sometimes the can scraping isn’t on one point. It happened on mine while I was riding. One of the motor pulley was too close to the mount and it was hitting in certain areas. It’s similar so It’s always best to make sure.

1 Like