Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

We’re thinking about trying this for @Savage1 current build, since the enclosure doesn’t fit great. As soon as he’s able to model it up we’ll get the print going and we’ll be sure to post some pictures.

3 Likes

Bump. Also would you need to rebalance a tire after you change a tire/tube? I imagine after the initial balancing it should be close enough unless you change to a different tire type or size up/down.

Perfect

That may actually be better than it was before you started

1 Like

Pivot cup for roadrider 45 deg baseplate with 218 Tb hanger? I can get it to fit if I cut a couple mm off the cup nipple…is that :sunglasses: guess I’ll feel it if it’s not.

Thank you all for the replies :smile:

Will definitely give the tpu gasket a try.

@YeetMeat, I will still be using a gasket, but @RideNebula will be printing a spacer like @janpom did to make the RE 44 enclosure from Big Ben work on his new sexy deck. MBNEF 43: Mostly But Not Entirely Flat deck

1 Like

So I have a dual fsesc 6.6+ working with the android vesc tool app via bluetooth. when I change a setting how do I determine which vesc ID it is saving to?

hi guys almost done with my first build cant believe I’ve made it this far without many issues, but um im trying to setup my board on vesc tool on Android. 12s3p//bkb xenith//tbdd. So. Ive successfully connected to the vesc tool and im trying to run motor configuration. Which settings do I choose, first of all motor size wise? It says if I fuck it up I could trash my motors and nobody wants that.

Nearly every motor for esk8 is “medium outrunner,” including your direct drives

4 Likes

Thanks! That worked! Is there an app I could use for testing til my remote comes in or somethjng?

1 Like

Not really and there are many reasons it is not recommended. Trust me, wait for the remote. If that smashes it’s probably dirt cheap for a new shell vs likely £300 new screen

You can use the keyboard controls but I absolutely would NOT stand on the board while doing that.

2 Likes

You connect to it in vesc tool, change the setting you want, hit apply, go back to start, press “scan canbus”, select the one you want, go back to that setting, change it, press apply, and it’s done

1 Like

Very important bit, up/down on keyboard controls current. Can be set at a low number, kinda ok, don’t stand on it though. Left/right controls duty cycle and will move your guts into a wall before you even realise what happened.

1 Like

I have a boosted remote on hand. The app registers it but I cant seem to pair it to my xenith. Doubt its compatible just trying stuff lol.

Soon I’m going to setup my very first vesc Spintend. As a tech savvy want to know as much as possible about the vesc tool software before hand, like maybe some good features, any quality of life things and just a general understanding of what are the most important parameters.
Somehow could not find an in depth thread here so if there is - please link it :grin: If not, maybe there should be one

1 Like

Also, when they keyboard controls don’t work, it’s because you need to set the “Control Mode” to “Off” in the application tab, and also turn on the keyboard icon on the right side.

Then the keyboard controls are at the bottom, the up and down keyboard arrows control the current according to the I number there. I wouldn’t use the left and right arrows which are based on D

2 Likes

Oh one last thing, imma order a puck remote, but I was wondering, since the xenith has an integrated Bluetooth module, I wouldn’t need the receiver, would i?

2 Likes

This was exactly my goal as well. I am very tech savvy (professionally even) and it looks like a complex piece of software. That said, there are really only a very few well-documented settings that you need to worry about initially and after those, you can just browse around and hover over the tool-tips (almost every setting has one) and get a good sense of what everything is. By the end of my first night playing with it I had successfully modified my throttle curve and the dead-band setting and got the esc performing exactly the way I wanted. About half of the functionality in there is for logging and measurement or developmental purposes.
Go play around a little, you’ll figure it out quickly.

2 Likes

Set duty cycle current limit start to 85% so you don’t die at top speed, set switching frequency in foc to 30khz if you can hear the ultra high pitch noise it otherwise makes at 25khz, set throttle curves, ramp up/down times to your liking in the section your remote is based on (uart is vesc remote, ppm/pwm is ppm remote), remember to apply motor/battery based settings to all sides manually over canbus, and always remember what you changed last if you experiment on things

4 Likes