Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

This sounds kinda normal, if you put a load on them they will be fine.

Under no load upside down on the bench things act a lot differently.

1 Like

is there any place for us eu guys to buy this “small” innova 8" aside of trampa ?

for reference, its the middle one on this picture

i finally wanna try stretch my evolve 6" tires over wide superstars with this

1 Like

Hi there again :grimacing: Does someone know a good fuse for charging port (4A) on TME or aliexpress? I can’t find one

These are great, you can get replacement fuses easily at the hardware store or a car shop. I use the small sized ones. 1Set Mini/Kleine/Medium Auto Waterdichte Zekeringkast Blade Type In Line Zekeringhouder Stopcontact 18/16/14/12/10AWG 7.5A10A20A30A40A50A|Fuses| - AliExpress.

For 4A I would use a 7.5A or 10A version.

2 Likes

thxx! Or these also rated for 36v battery? :thinking:

What are people’s opinions on METR vs iLogger vs Robogotchi+GPS ?

From a brief reading, they all seem to be VESC connected logging devices which measure current, voltage, speed, etc and log to SD card and/or phone and/or over wifi. Hardware seems pretty similar. Maybe the key differences are in the software features, mobile app, ease of use, etc.

Would love to hear opinions from owners, especially those that’ve used more than one of these.

3 Likes

I personally switched from Metr to Robogotchi in all my boards for several reasons:

First, because of the automatic no-phone-required logging that writes to integrated memory, as well as the robust dedicated GPS module. This means I never have to worry whether I remembered to start a log, of if it has a good connection to my phone, or anything like that. I plop my board on the ground, give it a push to turn the VESCs on, and I’m off riding.

Second, to support the growth and development of new cool esk8 tech from the FreeSK8 project. Open-source stuff is pretty cool and I think it should be promoted. Plus, competition is good for us plebs because it pushes the big-brain folks to make cool new stuff even faster.

Lastly because @DerelictRobot and @skate420 are my friends, and I wanted to support them by beta-testing their cool new stuff. (I should be clear that I dont benefit financially from Robogotchi sales. I wish lol.)

I have heard that Metr and iLooger are planning to release (or have released?) new versions of their modules that have some or all of these same features. I dont know for sure because I stopped keeping up with those projects after I switched over.

6 Likes

I only have the metr right now, but I have an iLogger on order, who knows when it will come exactly though

Robogotchi sounds cool, I will probably pick one up eventually.

Metr is great in my experience and being able to connect to my BMS is a great feature. It would be nice if I didn’t have to open the app and remember to make sure it’s tracking, but it’s a minor thing since I start Strava whenever I ride anyway.

The logs are great to have and interesting to look at. Recently when I switched phones I think I accidentally lost all of my metr logs… which really sucks. That would not have been a problem with robogotchi

I will be doing a video comparing Metr Pro vs iLogger whenever it ends up showing up. iLogger in my MTB and Metr is in my street board.

3 Likes

This is something I’ll be interested to see, as someone who has not been keeping up with the latest from either of these companies!

4 Likes

Yeah! I’m going to try and find things that haven’t been covered yet, but my video list is already quite long :sweat_smile:

Of course, I can’t do it until WavRX finishes up Batch 3 anyway so we will see how long it’s gonna be.
Couple things I want to compare:

• What data does each store / record
  • Set up process & security
  • Programming capability
  • User interface in app
  • How data is recorded / where it is stored
  • Online syncing?
  • Size and cables
  • Offerings and variations
  • SD Card capable?
  • Connection stability
  • Antenna connector?

I’m sure there are more things but I haven’t written a script or anything for that yet, this was just off the top of my head

1 Like

roads made with this ? could it be possible? real back to the future hoverboard possible???

1 Like

Maglev trains are a thing.
They’re very fast, but also really expensive to build.

The main issue with using aluminum like the video, is that while very simple to build, it wastes a lot of power as heat from the eddy currents.

It can be done, but you need a ridiculous amount of power to actually get lift.

2 Likes

Imagine the tremendous amounts of money and materials needed. Plus once they start building they can’t stop until ALL the roads are done before the cars are released.

1 Like

Didn’t think about that yeah

Would be pretty sick tho tbh

1 Like

The skytrain here in Vancouver uses linear motors.

Doesn’t levitate tho which was a big letdown for ten year old me in 1986.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the increadable suport and updates metr pro has had. @rpasichnyk has been there every time investigating and fixing all bugs super quick updating software to incorporate new hardware been reliced and multi platform compatible. It has been to community standard for years going to be hard to beat

5 Likes

Nah it’s normal it’s to do with the resistance with in the system and motor. If you Carefully apply some resistance to the wheel that spines easyest with a finger on the wheel and slowly acelarate and you see the other wheel now spins first. Obvusly this is not safe and you could give you self friction burn

When both wheels are toutching the ground and your on the board. The wheels help eatch other out on start up. There is a setting in the vesc for traction control to help reduce one wheel spinning a lot more than the other if you notice it when on the board.

1 Like

Yes very true

All of that, plus the metr vendor is stable, has been around for years, and doesn’t seem to always be in the middle of drama that’s magically never their fault. Committed to science and advancing esk8 tech and shunning drama.

Definitely a class act.

5 Likes

If you had the choice, would you buy the Lacroix Nazare or Flux Motion complete, and why?

1 Like