Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Is your 3 year old 10S2P pack a LiFePO4 pack?

1 Like

Nope, 18650

@MysticalDork and @b264 Thanks for the advice!
I’m soldering xt60 on one end and xt90 on the other, would you suggest dowsizing to 12AWG or sticking with the 10AWG? Other parts in my build already have 10AWG, does it matter if I use different size AWG throughout the build?

Unless you’re building a racing board you don’t need 10AWG wire. If you need 10AWG, you’d know it. And if you need 10AWG, then you probably need 8AWG.

12AWG is 100% completely fine, and it’s fine to mix sizes, as long as the smallest size is your bottleneck, and that’s at least 12AWG. Even 14AWG would work but I don’t recommend it. A lot of commercial prebuilt skates use 14AWG.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks alot! Sounds like 12AWG is what I should go for then, considering the thight fit on the xt60 :+1:

There is a handy guide over on esk8 news

2 Likes

Lol had that issue too.

1 Like

on a not particularly windy day at what speed will you need a visor?
i ordered a small bell super dh helmet but it was to small (measured my head beforehand) and the helmet looks super nice and light but was thinking maybe i will go for a different one with a visor

Are you talking about a visor or a face shield

3 Likes

dunno what its called but on the downhill helmets the glass piece which sits in front of your eyes to stop the wind getting in them

1 Like

That’s a face shield. The visor is a piece on top to keep nearby stars from blinding you.

4 Likes

ahh ok
so how fast do you need to be going on a non windy day to need one

1 Like

It depends on how much your eyes can take. Not worth the risk though of getting a bug in your eye anyway

Over 20 would do it for me I think

3 Likes

really? been a whole lot faster and never had an issue at all

so i really dont like the ones with the visors and i do like this bell super dh helmet a lot. i assumed as cyclist hit similiar speeds to us (60-70kmh) they should be ok at that if i were wearing goggles or whatever. interested to hear if you opinion difers to that though

Depends on a lot of things. Air temp, humidity, probability of getting a rock or bug in the eye, where the sun is… etc etc

I ride with my face shield up about half the time on my helmet

It would be extremely stupid to ride that fast with no eye protection. If you don’t have a face shield, wear sunglasses

4 Likes

yeah def
i cycle and usually wear sunglasses when i go
if that works ok then i guess i can do that fine
thanks a lot

I go 30mph all the time with no shield or visor but YMMV

Glasses do help though

3 Likes

I kinda just threw 20 out there as a guess, I haven’t attempted to ride fast without it down on purpose

Usually if I am going to ride fast I would want it down anyway, and it takes like 2 seconds to put it down

1 Like

There’s nothing to put down when you have a regular, not-full-face helmet on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That is a good point lol, in that case I wear sunglasses during the day