Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

kv

Never works

2 Likes

dont need the holder as i got a car battery fuse holder from @bigben but need a higher amp fuse for it

2 Likes

best way to calculate it? then

1 Like

Blade fuses. There’s all amperages from 0.5A (interior car light) to starter fuse at 150A or more. Careful as there’s multiple sizes, i recommend getting a full set off a car parts shop. They have like 10 of each amperage

1 Like
2 Likes

yeah dont need that many though

need the mini ones in the uk for my fuse holder. found them on amazon but not next day sadly

2 Likes

Set your telemetry data correctly in vesc tool, then spin the wheel full throttle with no load, at full battery. After that go in esk8 calculator tool and put those same values plus the kv on the label of the motor. From there you modify the kv until the maximum speed matches the one you saw on your vesc

1 Like

I thought you could find some search terms looking at those

Those are the mini ones

1 Like

They are stupidly common and dirt cheap to get, every car has at least 20 hooked up. Don’t need to order from 5000km away

2 Likes

trying to get someone to test their motors so i can find motor kv to see if i can use
dont think he has much telemetry

yep amazon doesnt have just 1 or 2 for next day

1 Like

They only need to match 1:1, not necessarily be realistic. If it’s a dd just do gear ratio 1 and wheel diameter 100mm, then put the same stuff in the esk8 calc. This must be on a full, 100% battery, again

1 Like

yeah direct drive carvons version 3 and guy is not sure about the kv
he had no telemetry to test with

1 Like

That’s because you have sets of 140 fuses for £10. No one will ship a £0.01 item that costs £2 postage or £4 through amazon system.
Also for some reason nothing will come tomorrow for me either. All for monday

2 Likes

Bluetooth and vesc tool?

1 Like

i can get next day but only for £8 for like 100

sadly not

1 Like

No car shop or service nearby? Just ask for a 20/25A mini blade fuse. Chances are they only have the normal size ones. You won’t find them separately for reasonable prices

1 Like

yeah will ask

1 Like

Go with the fuse holder if it comes off, way easier to show them what you want

1 Like