Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

10a automotive blade fuses, sometimes in holders, I solder mine though

2 Likes

nope, no chunks. I’m uploading a video showing the condition.

1 Like

Music to my ears. Small and i have a few somewhere :grin:

1 Like
5 Likes

nice thanks
lets take this to a pm and will get back to you later

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m experiencing an annoying issue with one esc.

The motor connected to the slave esc sometimes doesn’t work, while the motor connected to the master esc always works. The weird thing is that if I don’t do anything but unplug the loop key, wait a few minutes and then power up again, everything works fine (sometimes I have to do it more than once). I even went for test rides when both motors worked and I had no issues with them. I thought that it could be a canbus problem but after a continuity check I can tell that the cable is not damaged.
Yesterday I opened the Vtool and checked if I had set any wrong parameters but while I was looking for an error this flagged on the screen:

and after that MOTOR ID: 90 disappeared

so I went ahead to Scan CAN but it could find nothing.
I closed the Vtool, unplugged the loop key waited a few minutes, retried and same as before all of a sudden one MOTOR ID disappears. Weird af because when I went for test rides, once that the motors were working both never stopped.

Please let me know if you ever experienced this kind of issue and how did you solved it =(

1 Like

Wow, that sounds scary.

Are you 100% sure it’s not a CANBUS cable problem? Have you tried swapping which ESC is the master? Have you tried a new CANBUS cable anyway?

What hardware are the ESCs? Are they running the exact same firmware version? Maybe save all your settings and try updating the firmware on both ESCs individually, and then verifying the update sticks after a >10 second delay and a reboot.

1 Like

nice BGM u got there :rofl:

2 Likes

What happens if I leave the uart connection to one esc (because I soldered it in the master) and just connect the slave esc ppm cable to the reciever swapping it with the master one? I don’t have any other canbus cables so I have to buy a new one to try, I don’t remember what firmware version it is but I’m 100% sure that it’s the same on both escs

I don’t understand how it’s connected now

1 Like

Sorry, master esc is connected with uart and ppm to the reciever and slave esc is connected to master esc via canbus

1 Like

Oh yeah I’d try what you suggested then.

In the firmware tab, are both ESCs reporting the same version?

1 Like

anyone know the bolt size on carvons motor can? think they are m2 or m2.5 but dont have digital calipers to cant measure exact
also they currently use phillips heads but i want to use hex. what are the hex heads but not with the huge head called? it is reasonably flat like a phillips head

I’ll check later and I’ll let you know
Thanks a lot btw👍🏻

Button heads?

1 Like

those but they arent curved the have a flat top

Do you have a photo of the bolts?

1 Like

no ive just seen them before and cant remember what they are called now

Hai,

I looked at this diagram and I wondered if connect another two 4s1p batteries to charging ports connectors. would it to be 4s2p and finally 8s2p? :thinking:

keep in mind that originally for charging this wiring should have additional antispark on black cable in the middle between batts

1 Like