Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

relax
i’m sure your mud island has the equivalent if you understand the product…
or maybe travel to belgium they have the good stuff there

1 Like

Stay away from aldi/lido silicone it’s highly corrosive.

3 Likes

1 Like

All the neutral cure and especially the odour-free and/or low-emission products are probably okay.

I strongly prefer clear colour, because if you need to work on something later, it’s far easier to cut silicone out if you can see what’s inside of it…

5 Likes

I buy black as matches my enclosure

2 Likes

The supplier hasn’t update the firmware for a while,we don’t personally have the sourcefiles but I can certainly ask. They just made it seem more complicated than applying a source file for firmware updates.
But as I have mentioned in the pms, you can use the newer versions without bricking the esc.

They are nice escs putting 5 fw won’t brick them some features won’t be compatible, I prefer these to most of the flipsky.

1 Like

If you supply hardware with the firmware on it, you’re legally bound to also supply the source code for the firmware.

It’s not really optional as set forth by the license the original author put on the software.

Plus, we can look at that and see why people think this won’t work with newer versions.

6 Likes

excellent points my intelligent brother

1 Like

I think it’s a step in the right direction, the Chinese ESC alternatives a few years ago were the worst kind of rubbish. The old hobbywings and clones were configurable only by cutting traces on the board. Some didn’t even have that option and used no name fets. This has vesc tool configurability ok 3.xx only. BLDC all the way who needs fw 5 anyway. I bought one of these for an 10s 2 motor scooter build and have been impressed how good it is for the cost.

1 Like

They are very loose. Just enough to not skip

That sux I have 6 X fs 6354 and only had issues with one and that was just a bearing replacement. But only 1000km that’s bad.

1 Like

d00d

you’re right
occasionally we stumble across a rift in the time/space continuum that is un-explicable…

I have an old LiYing ESC with a crappy remote that I can faithfully put on any board,any motor and make it work

plug n fukkin play…

2 Likes

Meepo hubs on paper are dog shit. But you can run the tits off them. They can push as hard as enertions.

fecal matter does occur

that’s why I love the randomnesses of the universe…

one man buys dog shit and it werks… one man buys gold and he can’t trade it…

if life isn;t interesting,it’s not worth living

1 Like

Is this the right stuff? I used 1/2 a tube on my build already and got worried when I saw this discussion.

2 Likes

you’re half way into the tube…

give the girl all she’ll take

in for a penny…in for a pound…

3 Likes

Yeah thats the new GE 2* advanced silicone, if you check the ge website it says neutral cure :wink: you are fine brother! :wink: Just to be sure, did it smell like vinegar or pickle juice when using it?

3 Likes

1 Like

pickle juice is vinegar no? :joy: