Neo Deck Build (Name ideas wanted)

You didn’t miss much, HFI absolutely refused to work with Loaded hubs after hours of tinkering >_<

6 Likes

Was considering buying a new vesc just to use HFI😂 Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Oh?

They legally must give you the source code. We can fix this…

Ask them for the source files

3 Likes

The Wu Who build!

4 Likes

The Wu thane clan

17 Likes

I know… I (and you :joy:) have tried and got nowhere…

Also tried with bound motor…

5 Likes

Hmmm…

Following the law is not optional.

4 Likes

It’s not but as long as the supplier in China can continue selling there product without repercussions I doubt we’ll see that source code…

I’d recommend immediately starting a chargeback if you’ve asked in writing, that’s one of the only ways to get a business’s attention.

You weren’t shipped the product you paid for.

8 Likes

This is really funny.

8 Likes

Boundmotor = Neo = Jedboards = Jeremy

4 Likes

nice build. The board made me think of Kuala Lumpur for some reason? It kind of has Hawaiian colors - I realize Kuala Lumpur is in Malaysia… But that’s my vote for the name “Kuala” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is that true?

2 Likes

to the best of my knowledge, yes.

8 Likes

+1 for “The Wu Thane Clan”

10 Likes

Dude I’m so glad you made this build thread I remember when you wanted those caliber hangers and I had those shitty scratched up ones :joy: this is definitely one of my favorite Builds from last year I have a question did you do anything to the lid I love the black edging did you add any extra strength or support to the lid?

2 Likes

7 Likes

Just to clarify on this. i dont think this esc uses a custom vesc firmware.

My understanding is that this esc has a separate microcontroller that communicates with the vesc firmware over uart. This uart interface provides the battery voltages which are sent to the remote and its also used to set vesc parameters when modes are changed.

Newer vesc firmware’s include changes to the uart protocall so updating the firmware breaks the remote functions, but downgrading back to an older stock FW fixes this again.

I have this ESC in a board currently running FW5 with no issues (not using remote features).

They are under no obligation to provide code for their own micro that sits outside the main MCU.

7 Likes

Atleast the 3 last is correct.
If anyone wants to find “Jeff” try this:

Sandy Tan

Shenzhen Hi-tech Industrial Park

Level 1, C1 Building

Shenzhen Guangdong

+86 185 6681 0085

6 Likes

@DavidF

6 Likes