Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

What connector is that on the left?

1 Like

Egg 1B 12mm balance -

Male plug link

NZ$ 15.27 37% Off | FGG 0B 1B 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 16 Pin Male Plug Connector Welding Cable for Camera Power Flying Leads Cable

1 Like

Thanks!

Can someone tell me what LaCroix uses for polarity on their chargers? I’m at 13s but I rather keep the polarity the same to keep the destruction down if someone plugs their lakwa charger into my build

3 Likes

Any idea what this sound is? Its like a clicking sound and when I speed up it goes faster. I feel like it has to do with the motor or something got inside it.

Similar, but @glyphiks’ handiwork.

1 Like

Do you have another video? It’s hard to make out the sound. Is that a speed wobble or is the shaking caused by an artefact of the road surface, or caused by trying to hold the camera, or is something shaking the truck?

2 Likes

I currently ride with a 10s lipo (2 x 5s). I recently purchased 40 Samsung 30q and an 8s BMS to make an 8s5p pack. I’m reconsidering this layout and might switch to 10s4p but I would need to purchase another BMS which I don’t mind if I think it is worth it. There is also a lack of 8s chargers compared to 10s, although there are some that charge at lower amps. Does anyone have experience with an 8s layout in moderately hilly areas, are selling 8s chargers, would recommend any chargers, or any opinion on what I should do? Thanks!

I would switch to 10S4P and set “battery max” at 35A for single motor or 18A each for dual motor.

yeah I love the power of 10s but I need more range (because nobody likes to push the last mile) and I think 4p should still be enough. thanks

Number of cells is what sets your range, among other things, but not the battery geometry so much. If you want range, stay very, very far away from pneumatic wheels.

2 Likes

I learned that the hard way when I took my pneumatic wheels out for the first time haha (reference to my last post). I want to use them more but I hardly get a 7 mile range with them right now

Can your multimeter check polarity?

1 Like

32T pulley only? Bigger does not fit?

1 Like

You need a much bigger battery parallel if you want good range, especially with Pn wheels. My MTB is near 35lbs because it’s a 10s10p battery set up. I get 35+ miles off of it at 38 battery amps and 57 amps to motors.

1 Like

All I had was the charge port and no charger so I didn’t know which one was which. But I got one of my friends with a lacroix to tell me

1 Like

Would a DIY battery that can be taken appart be a good solution for long term (if a smallpack in the big pack gets bad for example), modularity and possibly transportation?

Also If it has to be able to do ~400Amps continuous?

Possible, smart, usefull ?

Your best bet is a bunch of 99wh lipos

1 Like

Looking for a smallish vesc…Would be nice if its a v6 for the smoothness, else v4 is good too. Doesn’t really need to push a lot of amps (meepo 100mm hubs)

Primarily using 10s2p p42a.

Heastsink dimensions 95x70mm

probably maker-X?

(red is the heatsink)

1 Like

i need a 2.5 x 5.5 male to xt60 male in order to use for a charger
anyone in the uk got one or at least the 2.5 x 5.5 end
thanks